13th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BTW, when I went to Fredericksburg, I took a ton of photos and movies. I'd expect that would continue. 👍🏻
I remember being in a house with you and graygun and I were roomies! Good times, great memories. Pawncop and I call each other from time to time.
gramps
I was thinking the first time we met was up near you when we went to the range and 32magfan was there. Anyway, it was around the same time.

Sure wish we could also have the Fredericksburg meet as well as contender's.
You are probably correct. My timeline is fuzzy during that time period.
gramps

From Fredericksburg.
IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6255.jpeg

I was standing next to him. Loud doesn't even come close even with electric muffs on. It also looked like he was using black powder, there was LOTS of smoke.
Longshot has to be the nastiest "Smokeless" powder I have ever used. It's a filthy mess but does get the slugs moving with authority. 3,400 ft lbs of muzzle energy makes a little noise. I think it was also melting the slugs because by the end of the day the piston was soldered into the gas chamber. I needed a torch to get them apart. I might have to go with the Lee key slugs with the shot cup sabot instead of the Ballistic Products full diameter slugs with the gas seal.

Each year I get a little older and less able to do all the things I would like to but, if at all possible, a trip to western North Carolina is always in my plans. Hopefully (God willing I am still around) I will be able to make it again with a little less 'drama'; as opposed to 2023. That was an "interesting" weekend.

Well at least we got that P95 to work. For those that don't know, I kept trying different parts from a different P95 and it would still jam every couple of rounds, then finally just decided to lube it real well... worked fine. Sometimes, some of us are just a tad slow.

Latest posts