13th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Found this. Frank and his 380. Not many photos taken this year it seems.

64PdyxIl.jpg

I just made it home!

The last 100 miles I always question why I do this. Then I'm 10 miles from home, wreck on the interstate, so I spend 30 minutes questioning myself again.

Then 2 miles from home, I exit the interstate and someone left a shopping cart on the exit ramp. Just about crashed. My hand is still shaking. There were two carts actually. Not sure why.

I suppose I'll see y'all next year!

I just made it home!

The last 100 miles I always question why I do this. Then I'm 10 miles from home, wreck on the interstate, so I spend 30 minutes questioning myself again.

Then 2 miles from home, I exit the interstate and someone left a shopping cart on the exit ramp. Just about crashed. My hand is still shaking. There were two carts actually. Not sure why.

I suppose I'll see y'all next year!
Glad you made it home safe.

Glad you got home OK. I was the one that started our drive home to north Maryland. I at one point just pulled into a rest stop and told Will that I was starting to get 'punchy' and he could drive or we could sleep but I wasn't going another foot behind the wheel. He drove a while and I napped then he pulled into a parking lot of a gas station and said that he was done. I again took over for the final push. We left Forest City around 0100 Sunday morning and didn't get home to a little past 1100. Loooooong day.

Fox Mike, and Hvymax I'm sure you both saw your share of crazy drivers as well. This trip was actually pretty easy, it seems like there weren't masses of cars on the roads like sometimes.

The Tennessee River is so pretty. It's strange to think Chattanooga could be a port city. I kept thinking it would be fun to take a boat from there down to the Gulf of Mexico. Perhaps someday.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm glad to see everybody make it back home safely.

Traffic is a way of life in most areas. Little tricks can help avoid known major PIA issues,, such as construction or traveling during peak times, or major cities. Different routes, traveling at night, or using less traveled roads to skirt big cities can make a difference.

We'll have to do better next year with picture taking!

Fox Mike, and Hvymax I'm sure you both saw your share of crazy drivers as well. This trip was actually pretty easy, it seems like there weren't masses of cars on the roads like sometimes.
Actually we didn't hit hardly any traffic until we were close to Richmond and then it was light. The heaviest was I-95 north of Baltimore which is actually the norm. Traveling in the middle of the night is the only way to go for me.
Found that we traveled 1172.5 miles (home to home), 31.5 mpg, 53 mph average speed, and 22 hours and 29 minutes of actual driving.

Last edited:
I think the first time I met Cholo was at the Rugerfest West in Fredericksburg, Tx. That convinced me to go to the East coast gathering too. I miss the People in the West. I wish they could get something going again.
gramps
Had a great time there as well, and always enjoyed meeting new people and old friends. Zane was there for the first time and showed us his grips. The social and meals were great too. Too bad the place sold. It would have great to go back there.

If I'm back east next year, as I am planning to be, I'll be there.

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
Those were not my badges another one of the forum members produced those, I apologize for not remembering his forum name. I hope he will take credit... he had some nice revolvers....

As for Foxmike's Ruger P95.. that was a really head shaker.... it had gone to Ruger and been worked on and the factory said it was fine.. .but it kept jamming....first we decided it was not limp wristing.. in my experience it is almost impossible to do this with a p95, some one pointed out a burr in the forcing chamber and so I suggested we put the barrel in the p95 I had brought... I showed Foxmike's son, I thought he was his grandson, how to disassemble the pistol and we put my barrel in... did not fix the problem.. so next we tried one of my magazines... did not fix the problem but one of Contender's friends tried the pistol and the interesting thing is it worked fine if you fired it fast like almost in full auto but jammed when fired like us old slow guys shoot.... So then I said let's try my recoil spring ... and so I put my recoil spring in with my barrel and magazine but also decided to lube the hell out of the pistol... we shot it and could not make it jam and so decided it was the recoil spring but then walking back to the tables I started thinking it could have been the lube.... and so I put all the original parts back in the now wet pistol and went back and tried it... pistol functioned fine? duh! So, it seems that Ruger had replaced a lot of parts and this was a almost new pistol and just needed extra lube to break it in... at least that is my latest determination.

Well, the good thing sounds like he got several new Ruger parts now in his P95.

Swampbilly_2

Single-Sixer
To help identify the folks in the picture;
Left to right, clockwise;
seated; Kevin, standing red shirt, RoninPa, seated, black shirt, HvyMax, far back, seated FoxMike, Myself standing (in my custom Hawkeye shirt,) seated, black hat, gramps, standing, blue shirt, 32MagFan, & lastly our own Cholo.

A note of fun; Cholo is the only member here,, who has attended ALL 13 of the events.

Yes,, it's a bit of work,, but as often felt,, it's a "Labor of Love." we truly do enjoy the Gathering here.

WOW....Cholo is committed...how fortunate.

Cholo

Staff member
I think the first time I met Cholo was at the Rugerfest West in Fredericksburg, Tx. That convinced me to go to the East coast gathering too. I miss the People in the West. I wish they could get something going again.
gramps
I was thinking the first time we met was up near you when we went to the range and 32magfan was there. Anyway, it was around the same time.

Sure wish we could also have the Fredericksburg meet as well as contender's.

Latest posts