Missing from the forum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I haven't been visiting the forum because I've been dealing with a case of pneumonia since about Monday, Started out emp/ wheezing , no energy etc etc finally hit "urgent care" local VA clinic wouldn't take me because my primary Va is down the road a bit; Finally went to VA Hospital ER and they confirmed "YES" Pneumonia, prescribed drugs are correct ;Feeling a bit better today, but NOT stuck in the hospital. Still not high energy though.

Glad you are felling better. Pneumonia is nasty stuff. Thank goodness you were able to stay home and battle it. Sometime back I spent a week in the hospital with pneumonia and a gazillion needles feeding stuff into me.

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
The wife and I both had Pneumonia in Sept 2021 and it was about a month until we felt we were back to normal.
Take care of yourself.

larry8

Blackhawk
Ok, I'm old and had pneumonia 4 times in my life. In talking to many doctors about it and doing some net research on it, I believe there is no cure for pneumonia (much like the common cold or even the flu) and all the drugs they give you are for easing the symptoms. So, when you get it just lie in bed with your partner and make woopie for a while, that will make you feel better but of course it doesn't cure it.

KIR

Sparks, NV
Only thing, I know about pneumonia is water in the lungs? ...but what do I know. Never had it, but don't wish any kind of illness, even on worst enemies. Guess, I will do some research on it as purviewing genealogy records of my family, it seems a few have passed from one lung disease or another. I hope you get better in a speedy recovery and we all look forward to more posts signyfying you are recovered 100%!

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Thanks for all the good wishes.
This makes 3rd time with this stuff; First was in the army during basic (week in the hospital) when my VA Primary care offerred a vacine for Pnu, I said "HADES YES" even though I had no use for most such things, Then the next year another vacine and again said YES !! when i got the pnu last april I asked " why didn't the vaccines work ????? they said, OH: more than TWO variations of the disease !! DRAT snagged again!

I have been plagued with pneumonia ever since I had it while in the Army. Just a simple cold would often turn into bronchitis and pneumonia.

Over the last couple years, we've received two variants of pneumonia vaccines, and over the last few years, I have not developed pneumonia.

Latest posts