12th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I truly don't think that having a beer or something after the shooting and meal would be detrimental to the days fun but for as many times as I have been there, it really hasn't even been brought up, even at the Friday dinner. I think we just have too much fun just being together.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ron is correct. While it's allowed,, it has appeared that not many have wanted to have a drink after dinner or after shooting. Yes, in the early years,, when we had a few folks who camped,, they did enjoy a few drinks.

If someone wishes to enjoy an adult beverage,, that's fine. Ron introduced me to a certain one years ago, and it was at a ROCS show. Quite a good drink, and made me purchase a few bottles myself.
I'm the type of guy who can take it or leave it. And I was raised to respect what too much can do.
In general, usually after supper on Saturday evening, many are a little tired & wishing to retire for the evening. Otherwise a socializing around a fire would be in order.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Back when I was young and first came to one of these it seems we might have had a beer that Saturday night after the Low Country Boil..... I remember staying up way too late sitting by a fire listening to Cruiser Lou.
I've tried and I do WISH we could get Cruiser Lou to come back to the Gatherings; He was always a fun guy and a good guitar player too.

Took just a little over a day but I got it done.... here is the link to a YouTube video of what I filmed at this year's Gathering:

I doubt the server for this forum would want me to down load it direct ... I may try though... it is something like 6 gigabytes.

Edit: this is the newer version.... I had made two typos in the opening titles and had to fix them.

Last edited:

contender

Ruger Guru
Great video!

The early part,, where the commentary is about the .22 mag cylinder. Kevin had brought out his Dave Clements custom Single-Six. ALL of us figured it had the .22 LR cylinder in it,, (including Kevin.)
Well, we got to seeing an occasional split brass. We tried to isolate the chamber, thinking one was "bad." Then a closer study revealed slight bulges in the brass. Lots of discussion, before the light bulb went off & we figured that the .22 magnum cylinder was in the gun. DUHH!!!
After we corrected that,, all was fine.
And the gun performed just as a Clements custom would perform!

contender

Ruger Guru
You think that's worth the price of admission,, you should see me RO a big USPSA match, when the super squad comes through. I have to run hard & fast with those guys & girls. And many ranges have a "challenging" surface. (Gravel, brass etc.)

Latest posts