What type of cookware do you use?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
Sure. I don't eat out except when traveling or with family, so they'll get a workout. I'm sure I'll like them when brand new LOL

contender

Ruger Guru
Thanks for the update.

We have been truly enjoying our Calphaon TRI-PLY stainless pans for several years. They were the top of the line of that brand. Never any warpage or anything.
But I have heard of the single-ply ones not being anywhere nearly as good.
And we've not used any "coated" pans in a long time.

Cast iron,, of a quality brand, (Griswold, Wagner, Lodge, etc) all seem to be excellent if properly cared for.

Keep us posted about how the new pans do.

gnappi

Blackhawk
Eveled I get chest pains looking at your cooking :)

Nowadays I'm fond of my air fryer, all SS pots, a few cheapie coated fry pans, Le Creuset clones and my smoker.

gnappi

Blackhawk
Thanks for the update.

We have been truly enjoying our Calphaon TRI-PLY stainless pans for several years. They were the top of the line of that brand. Never any warpage or anything.
But I have heard of the single-ply ones not being anywhere nearly as good.
And we've not used any "coated" pans in a long time.

Cast iron,, of a quality brand, (Griswold, Wagner, Lodge, etc) all seem to be excellent if properly cared for.

Keep us posted about how the new pans do.
Funny story, my parents had a few sainted seasoned cast iron cookware and mom complained about them being "dirty" so pop hung them on the fireplace damper handle / lever over a roaring winter fire and they came out like brand new and needed seasoning all over again!

Just a follow up. The 2 pans I have now are made by Calphalon. The 12" started to warp and now it's all but unusable. I finally went with the Made In set of 8", 10" and 12" frying pans. Not cheap, but I had to get something. They're made in Italy.

They currently have $50 off so I went for it. They will arrive next Wed. The HexClad hawked by Gordon Ramsey really gets hammered in reviews.

I may be looking at a kitchen knife set next.
Cholo,
I finally got a full set of Alum. Non-Stick All Clad cookware and threw out the last of the Crap Alum Calphalon that was warped.
A couple of years ago the family went to a cooking school dinner where a chef shows you a few tricks while you prepare your dinner. They used All Clad and after dinner I bought 3 alum. non stick skillets and have been very happy with them. So a few weeks ago I ordered a set of pots and more skillets from All Clad that were on sale.
Since Wifie has been diagnosed with Dementia I have been doing all of the cooking for the last year. I like having the right tool for the job so the warped junk went to the trash. :)
Your choice of "Made In" looks great and of high quality. At one time I sold high quality 3 ply 18-8, 3 ply stainless waterless cookware so I kind of know my pots. . But that is another story. ;)
As far as knifes go Cutco is hard to beat.

1716571377323.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
After years of thinking about it, my wife finally bought a set of Wusthof knives. Expensive but worth it. They are very solid, feel good and man are they sharp.

The living corpse of San Francisco Ca USA
Well, kinda sad story...I've been using Lodge cast iron ware for the past 40 years or so with excellent results. Recently, on
a whim, I purchased a Victoria 12" skillet from Amazon. Compared to the Lodge the Victoria has slightly finer casting, lighter weight, and a longer more ergonomic handle. The pour spouts are larger than the Lodge, and they're designed not to drip, which they don't. In other words, it's a nicer skillet.
Also four bucks cheaper than the Lodge on Amazon.
What saddens me is that it's made in Columbia, not here. I'll still use my Lodge cookware of course, but the skillet that lives on my stove top is now a Victoria.
Nothing abides...

We own lots of cookware, but the two Lodge cast iron skillets are my wife's "go to" cookware for most of her cooking. I get to do the cleanup which is a breeze with the Lodge skillets. At first I would use a spray oil to re-season them after cleaning but now that is not necessary. I don't think I could even get my wife to try something else so I won't waste my money buying her any new cookware.

We have a descent stainless sauce pan and a couple enamel coated dutch ovens for large batches of soup, etc. Everything else is cast iron we picked up at estate sales. I found beef tallow is a game changer for seasoning them.

dstegjas

Single-Sixer
IMG_1740.jpeg

We started using these a couple of years ago. I got really tired of Teflon flaking or scratching. So I bought one of these pans to test it out. After a year I tossed all the Teflon pans out and bought a full set of the Ballarini pans. They have been great with no issues. They heat evenly and they don't scratch. I consider them to be the middle of the road for price and quality. I'm not hard on pans, I use plastic, wood or rubber cooking utensils when cooking. So there is no reason for our pans to deteriorate over time other then poor quality.

Latest posts