SERIAL NUMBERS 44 SPECIALS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TX50Cal

Bearcat
Dealer called me today and I will be picking up my 5.5" tomorrow. I'll post the serial # here when it arrives. Also I had another dealer trying to get me one but he was having trouble so I found another dealer and put some money down on it. If anyone wants one the first dealer called yesterday and said he had one coming in Friday if I wanted it but I already have one that came in. If anyone in the D/FW area wants one call Sam at SMR firearms in Bedford, #817-285-0883 . Price was $499 + tax. Tell them David sent you.

jforwel

Bearcat
My 5.5"er made it home, #520-17026, and a great price @ $469. Exceptional quality on this one. Highly polished chambers which measure .431 and BC gap of .005. The frame is very well fitted, on one side my fingernail couldn't feel joint and the other side just barely.

If it will fit I'll be putting in a SBH hammer. Handloads have been made but not shot yet. We had three inches of snow this morning and might get six more tonight. So the range may have to wait a bit.

win85shooter

Bearcat
Mines in!!! Not the 4 5/8 barrel that I originally ordered but a 5.5 inch barrel that I decided I would rather have in .44 for the slightly longer sight picture as well as a little more fps out the barrel. The serial number is 520-17644 and I'll get pictures out......after 10 days. I actually didn't expect it to get to SoCal as soon as it did but maybe the phone calls to Lipsey's worked.

Mike

pbslinger

Single-Sixer
It appears the earliest (by this thread) is 16831, and the latest 17750. So it appears over 900 have been made.

So are we into the second quarter production since it was thought 500 would be the first quarter production?

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
It would appear that, for all practical purposes, they're on the third quarter production. I'd guess the other 100, to make the 1000, is possibly in shipment to Lipseys or a dealer. They might stay on this pace till July finishing up the original 1000 piece contract and stop. Who knows where the wild goose goes?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
jforwel":2id7wm7o said:
My 5.5"er made it home, #520-17026, and a great price @ $469. Exceptional quality on this one. Highly polished chambers which measure .431 and BC gap of .005. The frame is very well fitted, on one side my fingernail couldn't feel joint and the other side just barely.

If it will fit I'll be putting in a SBH hammer. Handloads have been made but not shot yet. We had three inches of snow this morning and might get six more tonight. So the range may have to wait a bit.

You might want to consider the SBH hammer from the Ruger Montado; it has bordered checkering instead of grooves. Very classy! It only comes in Polished Stainless but hey, the original hammer is half polished anyway, on the sides. And I know it will fit because the Montado is a "New Vaquero" frame, the same size as the flat top 44 Spl.

The Super Blkhk serrated trigger is also an easy swap. I like them on single action guns and Ruger SA triggers are all the same size from .22 to 44mag Super Blkhk. The Bisley trigger is a very neat swap as well. To use with the standard size grip frame it will need slight shortening of the bottom end of the trigger and slight shortening (front to back) of the top end where it fills the hole coming thru the trigger guard.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
From the S&W forum:
quote:
Originally posted by Stranglehold:
Talked to a Ruger rep. today at a local gun shop's "Ruger Days". He said there was no immediate plans to produce a Vaquero or Bisley in .44 Special. He also believes the demand for the .44 Spec Blackhawk will result in additional production runs for Lipsey's, but doubts it will become a regular catalog item.

Looks like the focus right now is on the LCR. He had one on site and was taking orders. First shipments apparently went out a week or so ago, and the going price looks to be $429.

Roe

Roe,
Thanks for checking on the 44 New Vaquero! Maybe I'll talk to Lipsey's. They may be more inclined to order another exclusive!
I grabbed the 1st LCR I saw for sale. When I'm casting bullets and need ventilation, I use it to wedge open the garage door.

S&WCA #819
NRA Life