SERIAL NUMBERS 44 SPECIALS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Where are you guys finding all those guns with serial numbers ending in Xs? I have been looking for years and can't find a single one. Any help would be appreciated. Robert

Nicksterdemus

Bearcat
(A lot of my text here is a re-tread, I'm bored & tired of waiting for my 4 5/8. I did change ending in 2s to 1s...)
I realize this is oversimplified w/o hard #'s, but it should be somewhere in the 'hood, ballparked. 16831-17331 is 500 units/ one quarter production for both lengths combined.

===========
As well, I started w/16831 coz that was the earliest SN posted that I found. I've seen 17233, 5.5", and that's right @ 100 from the end of the first quarter, for both pistolas combined

================

chet15 sez:

"520-17482 would indicate that at least 600 Specials have at least had their frames serial numbered, but who knows when the rest of those will go through the final "process".
The earliest Special now stands at 520-16831, a 4-5/8"

bigbore45colt

Hunter
16943, which I hear will be making an appearance at Harrisburg this coming weekend, is a 5.5" barrel...

358233344.jpg

BB45C

contender

Ruger Guru
robertkirksey; I'm not sure if your question is a joking type or not. But if it's a serious question, the answer is that many folks don't like to advertise the complete serial number, so when they type in the numbers here, or photoshop the pic, they "X" out part of the serial number. If it's a joking question, I fell for the serious part.

flatgate

Hawkeye
robertkirksey":2g5ergu0 said:
Where are you guys finding all those guns with serial numbers ending in Xs? I have been looking for years and can't find a single one. Any help would be appreciated. Robert

I gave up on those X's and went for lots of Zeros!

321166382.jpg

268537866.jpg

:D

flatgate

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Contender, yes, of course it was a joke. But seriously, when someone is spending his valuable time to collect historical data of a limited run of firearms, if you choose not to give complete information, just don't respond.

I feel this way especially since information concerning Rugers is freely given on this forum.

Some people are so uptight about serial numbers you would think they believe they may have bought stolen goods and they are afraid the rightful owner will find his gun.

newrugersafan

Single-Sixer
Matt

That background in your picture looks familiar (your sofa?). What can you tell us about the case colors.

Mike

bigbore45colt

Hunter
newrugersafan":3587ldmp said:
Matt

What can you tell us about the case colors.

Mike

Mike,

This 44 has received the full treatment by Doug Turnbull Restorations (www.turnbullrestorations.com). The cylinder and hammer have been color case hardened and the rest of the gun, including gripframe and ejector rod housing have been charcoal blued. Somewhere along the line the barrel warning fell off the barrel. It's a fantastic looking sixgun and will be raffled off at the upcoming Harrisburg RCA Display Show this weekend in order to help raise funds for the RCA Display Shows.

BB45C

jforwel

Bearcat
Oldrugerman, my dealer tells me mine is in and I think he ordered five or six. So they're getting closer to you.

I won't be able to pick mine up for another week, 100 miles away, good thing I have a deposit on it.

flatgate

Hawkeye
twobiscut,

Did the Railroad ever get finished through Rock Ridge? I figured the Governor was too busy with his "Assistant" to ever follow up on that project.
Besides, the Sheriff and the Waco Kid were last seen boarding a Limo, which was probably headed to the Wort Hotel in Jackson....
:D
flatgate

twobisquit

Single-Sixer
Not sure what in the wide world of sports that Sherrif is up to lately. I know they used to serve some pretty good prime rib over there at the Wort. I hung out there quite a bit in my younger days. The Idaho girls used to come over the pass to meet up with Wyoming boys every Saturday night at the Cowboy.

Latest posts