NEW LC9 or LC380 TRIGGER KIT AVAILABLE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EustisFL

Bearcat
kendak said:
the only thing wrong with this thread is that Galloway is out of stock on the trigger kits & no BO date !

I wrote Eric Galloway for a friend asking if he's still doing the trigger bar/hammer mods on customer-supplied parts. I'll post his response here if/when he responds.

robkarrob

Bearcat
The original Galloway trigger bar and hammer mods. provides the best results. It reduces the pull distance in half, removes nearly all take-up, and moves the break point forward 1/2 inch. The problem is that unless you have a source for a hammer and trigger bar, you have to modify your stocks parts. This is not really an issue, as you likely would never want to go back to the stock pull. The issue is if you ever needed to send your gun in to Ruger for repair, you would not have the parts to revert it back to the stock condition.

Video of my my LC9 with the original Galloway kit installed. The trigger over-travel stop is not pretty, but it is very effective. The video is an extreme close up, but from a few feet away, it can not be seen. Besides this is not a show gun, and no one, other than myself, sees this concealed gun. I have also modified the trigger shape, and made many internal modifications. Note that this video is showing the modified hammer and trigger bar kit, and is not the current 35% reduced trigger bar.

Video link: http://youtu.be/G6fUiErOGdA

EustisFL

Bearcat
EustisFL said:
kendak said:
the only thing wrong with this thread is that Galloway is out of stock on the trigger kits & no BO date !

I wrote Eric Galloway for a friend asking if he's still doing the trigger bar/hammer mods on customer-supplied parts. I'll post his response here if/when he responds.

Got a reply from Mr. Galloway today. He says he's going to put the option to modify user-supplied parts back up on his web site.

BTW, it only took a week from putting my parts in the mail to getting them back from Galloway, so you shouldn't be without your LC9 for very long.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Out of curiosity .... why do you guys think Ruger doesn't supply the guns configured with these parts, or parts that give the same results ?

REV

EustisFL

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Out of curiosity .... why do you guys think Ruger doesn't supply the guns configured with these parts, or parts that give the same results ?

REV

I expect for the same reason they put the external safety, loaded chamber indicator, and magazine disconnect on them -- freakin' lawyers! :)

For the record, my LC9 had a trigger pull length fairly close to that of my LCR revolver, with a trigger pull weight that's slightly heavier than the revolver. And for the life of me I can't find any of that useless crap on the revolver! :roll:

e3mrk

Bearcat
Ruger wont sell a lot of parts to the public,I tried to buy a new barrel for My GP-100 and thats one of the parts I cant buy without shipping the gun to Ruger.
It is making Me think about not buying any more Rugers.

revhigh

Hawkeye
EustisFL said:
revhigh said:

REV

I expect for the same reason they put the external safety, loaded chamber indicator, and magazine disconnect on them -- freakin' lawyers! :)

And safety ... Ruger designed the gun ... They know what works, and what may be unsafe. They know how the parts all interact better than anybody else. They've tested exhaustively for safety, function, and reliability. Lawyers aren't ALWAYS a bad idea .... They can keep you out of prison ...

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
e3mrk said:
Ruger wont sell a lot of parts to the public,I tried to buy a new barrel for My GP-100 and thats one of the parts I cant buy without shipping the gun to Ruger.
It is making Me think about not buying any more Rugers.

Why did you need a new barrel ?

If you just wanted a different length, why not just buy the gun with the length barrel that you wanted ?

Ruger is damned if they do, and damned if they don't with some of you guys. You want them to sell all the parts of the gun a la carte, but if something happened ... You'd all be saying ... Hey ... Why'd they sell it to me then ?

REV

EustisFL

Bearcat
revhigh said:
EustisFL said:
revhigh said:

REV

And safety ... Ruger designed the gun ... They know what works, and what may be unsafe. They know how the parts all interact better than anybody else. They've tested exhaustively for safety, function, and reliability. Lawyers aren't ALWAYS a bad idea .... They can keep you out of prison ...

REV

Lol, firearms design isn't rocket science by a long shot. They're relatively simple mechanical devices. Take one apart and you can see EXACTLY how they function and the purpose of every part. If Ruger or any other manufacturer made a PERFECT product then there would never be any need for them to bring out new products or new models of existing ones. A little common sense, which admittedly some appear to lack, will tell you if a modification is safe or not. I've been personally modifying my firearms for close to 50 years, and especially so back when I shot competitively, and have never had a single safety issue with anything I've done.

You worry about legal issues which most probably will never arise -- I'll worry about having a working firearm that I have faith in.:)

revhigh

Hawkeye
EustisFL said:
I'll worry about having a working firearm that I have faith in.:)

What factory stock firearms have you ever had that didn't 'work' as you allude to ?

I've never had one ....

REV

robkarrob

Bearcat
I don't think the issue is the factory stock gun did not function properly. The issue is the gun did not function to the liking of the owner. That is why there are so many companies that manufacture aftermarket parts. There is a big demand for parts and accessories that will change the gun, more to the liking of the owner.

I purchased the LC9, after reading several recommendations from gun magazines (when the LC9 first came out). When the gun arrived, I knew it had a long pull, but until I actually took it to the range, I did not realize just how long and deep breaking the pull was. It was so bad, it made it difficult to shoot well, and I am an accurate shooter, with many years experience. Thank you Galloway Precision, for you original trigger kit. It shortened the pull length by half, and most important, it move the trigger break point forward 1/2 inch.

Bob

EustisFL

Bearcat
revhigh said:
EustisFL said:

What factory stock firearms have you ever had that didn't 'work' as you allude to ?

I've never had one ....

REV

Ruger LC9. Works fine now, thank you. :)

And don't forget the S&W Shield and Springfield Armory XDs, both of which have recently been the subject of recalls. :roll: My XDs is sitting at the factory now waiting to be "fixed."

EustisFL

Bearcat
EustisFL said:
revhigh said:
EustisFL said:

I've never had one ....

REV

Ruger LC9. Works fine now, thank you. :)

And before REV comes back to ask HOW it didn't "work" for me I'll explain. I have large hands, and I also have some arthritis in my hands. If I didn't keep the ball of my finger centered on the LC9's trigger the gun's smooth trigger would slide to the first joint of my trigger finger. My finger is just the right length that if that happened I couldn't pull the trigger that last fraction of an inch, literally locking the weapon up for me. I'd have to release the trigger and reset my finger and try again. Therefore, the LC9, as it was, did not "work" FOR ME. The Galloway mod fixed this and the LC9 is now "working" for me.

Also, when I said I "having a working firearm that I have faith in" I meant stock OR modified. I would never carry the modified LC9 if I had any doubt that it would work as intended when I pull the trigger. THAT'S a working firearm that I have faith in! [And yes Ms. Clayton (my gradeschool English teacher), I know I ended a sentence with a preposition and I apologize! :mrgreen: ]

e3mrk

Bearcat
It's like buying a Car and finding out You have to send it back to the Factory to replace a bad Wheel Bearing.
If a Company sells a Product I should be able to purchase replacement parts when needed without sending the thing in for repairs.
I purchased My LC-9 with the intention of it being My CCW Pistol but with the way the trigger worked it would have been a safe Queen or sold as it was not reliable enough to carry but with the new Trigger Bar I have no problems with carrying it now.

kendak

Bearcat
EustisFL said:
EustisFL said:
kendak said:

Got a reply from Mr. Galloway today. He says he's going to put the option to modify user-supplied parts back up on his web site.

BTW, it only took a week from putting my parts in the mail to getting them back from Galloway, so you shouldn't be without your LC9 for very long.[/qu

thanks for the info but I'm going to wait until Mr. Galloway has a "kit" trigger/hammer/bar & buy the complete unit ..btw; the LC9 is not that bad with the stock trigger I can shoot 3" gps. all day long at 20yrs. offhand with 65yr old eyes...tried the S&W Bodyguard, XDS .45 & DB 9 & the LC9 beats them all..400rds through it so far without a hickup...take care 8)

area338

Bearcat
maddmaxx said:
Does this mod really help much? I use the LC9 for a CCW pistol but I went to the range Saturday and could not hit the paper at 20 feet with more than 1 of 5 rounds with the LC9. I did just fine with my SIG 228 and my Walther P22. I think if I needed the LC9 that I would be better off throwing it at the attacker than shooting it. I am not new to shooting but just cant shoot this LC9! I think the Long stiff trigger pull causes me to shoot very low. Anyone want a LC9? I think that I want to get the XDS9.
I installed the new trigger bar (35% reduction) and reduced power firing pin spring and I am totally happy with this kit. In fact I am going to keep it like this and not install the 50% reduction kit. What this kit did was take away the stacking at he end of the trigger pull. I can now hit the proverbial broad side of a barn now...LOL!It's worth it IMHO.

Captains1911

Single-Sixer
area338 said:
maddmaxx said:
Does this mod really help much? I use the LC9 for a CCW pistol but I went to the range Saturday and could not hit the paper at 20 feet with more than 1 of 5 rounds with the LC9. I did just fine with my SIG 228 and my Walther P22. I think if I needed the LC9 that I would be better off throwing it at the attacker than shooting it. I am not new to shooting but just cant shoot this LC9! I think the Long stiff trigger pull causes me to shoot very low. Anyone want a LC9? I think that I want to get the XDS9.
I installed the new trigger bar (35% reduction) and reduced power firing pin spring and I am totally happy with this kit. In fact I am going to keep it like this and not install the 50% reduction kit. What this kit did was take away the stacking at he end of the trigger pull. I can now hit the proverbial broad side of a barn now...LOL!It's worth it IMHO.

It's not a "reduced power firing pin spring," it's just a shorter firing pin return spring that allows the firing pin to protrude further through breach face, to solve the light strike issues some were experiencing with earlier models. In a sense it's actually an "increased power spring."