NEW LC9 or LC380 TRIGGER KIT AVAILABLE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robkarrob

Bearcat
Check the Galloway Precision web site: http://gallowayprecision.com . The new trigger bars are listed and up for sale for the LC9!!! Choose at the top left, LC9/LC380 Performance. The bars are listed at the top. The trigger bar fits both the LC9 and the LC380. Eric said all orders he gets from now thru early Monday will ship out on Monday. FINALLY THEY ARE AVAILABLE!!!

The Pricing and Add to Cart Button will be on the website tomorrow. Today the site only has the description listed. This trigger bar will reduce the pull length 35% (a little more that 1/4 inch) and will move the break point forward 1/4 inch, no longer breaking at the rear of the trigger guard. They will later have a 50% reduction bar, which will reduce the pull length about 3/8 inch and move the break point forward about 3/8 inch. The difference between these two kits is less that 1/8 inch.

Bob

Robkarrob,

You wouldn't happen to know T. Doty who live just north of you? He is a friend of mine and has been known to build guns... but most of what he builds fires 600-1200 rounds a minute and of course he can't sell to us commoners.

robkarrob

Bearcat
No I do not know this person. I have a .308/7.62 AR with a Slidefire stock, which works great and is legal for us all to own. It fires at around 600-800 rounds per minute. 1 or 2 full mags is all I can afford to shoot per outing, plus I don't want to overheat the barrel.

Bob

maddmaxx

Bearcat
Does this mod really help much? I use the LC9 for a CCW pistol but I went to the range Saturday and could not hit the paper at 20 feet with more than 1 of 5 rounds with the LC9. I did just fine with my SIG 228 and my Walther P22. I think if I needed the LC9 that I would be better off throwing it at the attacker than shooting it. I am not new to shooting but just cant shoot this LC9! I think the Long stiff trigger pull causes me to shoot very low. Anyone want a LC9? I think that I want to get the XDS9.

robkarrob

Bearcat
The biggest complaint for the LC9 has always been the long, deep breaking trigger pull. It has a heavy pull, but the deep breaking is what causes the inaccuracy in shooting. I had to either change my grip or pull from the second finger joint, not the tip joint pad. I have the Galloway original trigger kit installed in my LC9, and I will attach a link to the video of my trigger pull. This new trigger kit will have about 20% more trigger movement than my trigger, and that only amounts to about 1/8 inch more travel. Galloway Precision will soon be coming out with another trigger kit, with a similar pull distance as shown in the video of my trigger pull. Understand I have a trigger over travel stop. If this stop was not there, there would be about 1/16 to 3/32 inch more trigger over travel, after the break. I also straightened the stock curved trigger. It is much straighter/flatter and makes for a more comfortable pull. I heated the trigger, straightened it, and then polished the trigger.

Bob

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6fUiErOGdA

Pappygator

Bearcat
Robkarrob, I've watched your u-tube videos and have done the original trigger job on my 380. Your videos, with such great detail, answered all my questions about this mod. I would like to personally thank you for your help. I can also that my experience with Eric Galloway was also first class. Great service.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Why not just buy a gun ... ESPECIALLY FOR CARRY ... That you can live with out of the box ? Is saving a few bucks by buying a cheap plastic Ruger really worth it if you have to add $100 worth of aftermarket parts to make it useable ? And then end up with an unwarranted, potentially unreliable, or dangerous gun ?

Trying to make a gun with an absolutely terrible trigger better by adding a bunch of unproven, unwarranted parts to it by some amateur 'gunsmith' at the kitchen table is a fools errand. You have absolutely no idea how those parts will affect the gun's safety and functioning (and neither does Ruger, which is why they wash their hands of it). Carrying a weapon modified like that is certainly asking for trouble should a CCW shooting occur, or if an accident happens at the range.

Don't you guys even examine the guns, and try out the triggers on the guns you buy before you hand over your cash ? If a gun has a terrible trigger in the store ... It sure as hell isn't coming home with me.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
maddmaxx said:
I went to the range Saturday and could not hit the paper at 20 feet with more than 1 of 5 rounds with the LC9.

I think that I want to get the XDS9.

It's all about trigger control and practice. I can easily hit a paper plate every time at 50 feet with my KT P3AT, but I've been shooting for 40 years.

Why didn't you just get the better gun to start with ? There's no way to safely and cost effectively make a terrible trigger better .... Other than by buying a gun with a better trigger.

REV

bulldog51

Bearcat
hi guys,question, will this new trigger kit change the trigger?meaning will it make the trigger a light trigger? or does it mean it only makes the trigger break earlier?does it change how the gun functions? please explain....ty bulldog51.

robkarrob

Bearcat
It does not change the trigger pull weight. It shortens the pull and moves the break point forward. Gallowayprecision.com has other springs for the Bodyguard that change other aspects of the gun. Go to the website and read the descriptions on the trigger and springs.

Bob

Pappygator

Bearcat
revhigh said:
Why not just buy a gun ... ESPECIALLY FOR CARRY ... That you can live with out of the box ? Is saving a few bucks by buying a cheap plastic Ruger really worth it if you have to add $100 worth of aftermarket parts to make it useable ? And then end up with an unwarranted, potentially unreliable, or dangerous gun ?

Trying to make a gun with an absolutely terrible trigger better by adding a bunch of unproven, unwarranted parts to it by some amateur 'gunsmith' at the kitchen table is a fools errand. You have absolutely no idea how those parts will affect the gun's safety and functioning (and neither does Ruger, which is why they wash their hands of it). Carrying a weapon modified like that is certainly asking for trouble should a CCW shooting occur, or if an accident happens at the range.

Don't you guys even examine the guns, and try out the triggers on the guns you buy before you hand over your cash ? If a gun has a terrible trigger in the store ... It sure as hell isn't coming home with me.

REV
The only reason I bought this pistol and modified it was because I am an idiot and wanted someone with all their wisdom to call me on it. Please feel free to scold, lecture and berate me any time I step out of line.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Pappygator said:
revhigh said:

REV
The only reason I bought this pistol and modified it was because I am an idiot and wanted someone with all their wisdom to call me on it. Please feel free to scold, lecture and berate me any time I step out of line.

Nah ... No need for scolding .... Sounds like you got a handle on it ! :D

REV

Tomky

Bearcat
I have had the Galloway trigger bar and hammer on my LC9 for a couple of months now and it is great. Before I never knew how I was going to shoot with that pistol after a few weeks period having not shot it. Now with the shorter trigger pull I am confident and consistent with the pistol. It was well worth the money and makes the pistol a pleasure to shoot. It gives me much more confidence when I carry. I highly recommend this modification, despite some of the naysayers. The LC9 is a good pistol, with this mod it makes a great pistol, for me.

ruger9two

Bearcat
As you all know, the stock trigger pull is hella-long, breaking a hair before the trigger touches the frame. With the new 35% trigger bar installed, it does shorten the pull, and the trigger breaks about 1/4" forward of the frame.

my vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXN7SpMrXP4

...I'm still going to get the 50% bar when it becomes available.

Captains1911

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
maddmaxx said:
Why didn't you just get the better gun to start with ? There's no way to safely and cost effectively make a terrible trigger better .... Other than by buying a gun with a better trigger.

REV

Simply an ignorant, misinformed statement indeed. There are hundreds if not thousands of reliable, proven, and relatively inexpensive products on the market that modify triggers to the shooter's liking on all kinds of different firearms.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Care to name a few of those thousands of products/companies that are warranted by either the original manufacturer or the aftermarket company ... or where the aftermarket company doesn't specifically disclaim liability ?

REV

Captains1911

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
Care to name a few of those thousands of products/companies that are warranted by either the original manufacturer or the aftermarket company ... or where the aftermarket company doesn't specifically disclaim liability ?

REV

What's it have to do with warranty? You made a statement to the effect that there's nothing aftermarket to make a trigger better. This is a fallacy. Most firearms manufacturers also state that shooting anything other than factory loaded ammo will void the warranty....

revhigh

Hawkeye
Disclaimed liability is a HUGE parameter. If there's ever an accident at the range or a CCW shoot you are potentially screwed with aftermarket parts.

Any hack at the kitchen table or aftermarket compsny can make a lighter or shorter trigger.

But will they stand behind it ? In most cases ... No

If a company disclaims liability ... their product is an unnecessay risk IMO.

REV

hittman

Staff member
Rev ~

Stop it. You're wasting your time. They have a singular focus of toying with their firearms. I suppose it's a macho thing, I really don't know.

Some learn from others mistakes, expense and heartache and some ...... not so much.

Seems there's a lot of denial and "it'll never happen to me".

In the end, when things go bad, it's ALL gun owners who get a black eye over it. They couldn't care less.

Captains1911

Single-Sixer
Aftermarket parts in regards to defensive shootings is meaningless. The theoyry that an otherwise justifiable shoot is negated by the fact that the tool used was modified from its factory configuration is absolute hogwash that gets spread all over the interwebs to ridiculous extent. You can think whatever you like though.

If "toying with weapons" results in a firearm that I can deploy reliably and with greater effectiveness, then call me "macho," I really don't give a yugo.

If you really believe that the installstion of a trigger component in my gun is going to somehow give gun owners a bad name....I'm not even sure how to intelligently reply to that.