Meet the 5 Best Concealed Carry Semiautomatic Guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JBP

Single-Sixer
Another list but this one is short: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...&cvid=62b50bc3bd7d41289350e0e6b987f202&ei=100

Author lists the Glock 26 (9mm) and Glock 36 (45ACP) which I don't have an issue with but prefer my Glock 29 (10mm). Same number of rounds as the Glock 26. Don't have a Walther PPK but do have the PP model in 32 ACP. I do like 32 ACP for training purposes and range shooting but not for CCW. The Makarov is a great pistol. I have an East German model with both 7 & 8 round magazines. Again great for range but I wouldn't CCW a pistol with an under grip magazine release. If I were to carry a 9X18 pistol it would be my CZ82. 12 round magazine with frame mounted magazine release.

Last edited:

JBP

Single-Sixer
Another list but short: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...&cvid=62b50bc3bd7d41289350e0e6b987f202&ei=100

No issues with the Glock 26 (9mm) or Glock 36 (45ACP) but prefer my Glock 29 (10mm) with same # of rounds as Glock 26. Don't have a PPK but I do have the PP model. Good range pistol and like it for training purposes but wouldn't carry it. Love the 9x18 round and my East German Makarov but wouldn't carry a pistol with an under grip magazine release. If I did carry a 9X18 it would be my CZ82 with 12 round magazine and on frame magazine release.

Sorry but the author of that lost me with the first two... Glock (which ever one) and the Walther PPK? give me a break... I did not read any further , but has he or she actually shot a PPK?
There are a multitude of better choices in that realm.... just because it was made famous by Ian Fleming who was as knowledgeable about firearms as Joe Biden....does not make it a good concealed carry choice. This person obviously had drunk too much of the Glock Kool-aid. But then I'll admit my prejudice is that I just personally don't care for them.... swore for years I would never own a Glock... but never say never... I own 3 and my prejudice still stands... other than they aren't nearly half as ugly once you own one.

My daily carry is a Glock 36, it's been very rugged and reliable. Survives being rolled around on, dirt, sweat, etc.
Sometimes a bit large and then it's the LCP, which is nowhere near as well made but works for the price point.

These types of lists come out yearly. It's the SOS. I rarely read articles of any the best of xyz gun. It's just opinions. I am not going out to buy any either. I shop for what I think is best for me for the reason I want the gun. Saying I want a CCW SD handgun is not enough. What's my level of experience, training, background. Also, with how I am going to carry it, how much time will I put into further training and practice. What environments will I be carrying the firearm. There can be other requirements.

Paul B

Hunter
All those negative remarks about Mr. Bonds handgun. For shame. I have carried a PPK/PP. and PPK/s at times and frankly like the guns with one grip. The slide will draw blood when cycling. The edges at the rear of the slide are very sharp. All my pp/ppk variants have been made in Germany with one exception. My lone PP is a .32 ACP made under license by Manheurin in France. Other than a WW2 issue PPK that was a .32 ACP the rest have all been .380 ACP.

These days I no longer use them as a CCW piece. I much prefer the Colt Combat Commander .45 ACP with an S&W M60 as my BUG. To each his sown.
Paul B.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Mine are:
1. G27 converted to 357 Sig
2. G29SF (10mm)
3. SA XDM-Elite 45 acp (minus mag well)
4. G43 9mm
5. Colt 25 acp (just cuz!)

KIR

Sparks, NV
Browning Hi-Power 9mm 13 + 1 plus two x-tra mags seems adequate for me!
H&K P30L in .40
Ruger KP345 in .45 acp
Ruger LCP .380 as a backup.
When all else fails, HIGH EXPLOSIVES seem appropriate!

Years ago I made the mistake of trying to find the right handgun for my wife to use in a women's only handgun class.... seems I had determined by what I had garnered from the experts on the internet the two best choices were either a Walther PPK or a Sig P230... I found both at a gun show and for some crazy reason bought both.... found out really quick there was really no comparison between the two.... the only thing the Walther had going for it was its size. It can be a pocket pistol the Sig can't. Beyond that it is the Sig hands down... I carried it for years until I upgraded to what I have settled on.... Sig P239.

Would you take advice from Microsoft News (MSN) concerning firearm selection? The article in question is MSN. I have read several other advice blurbs, not so factual historical info blurbs that are severely flawed. I suspect their advice blurbs are based on a questionnaire responses. Is MSN on par with MSNBC and CNN with their authenticity?

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Would you take advice from Microsoft News (MSN) concerning firearm selection? The article in question is MSN. I have read several other advice blurbs, not so factual historical info blurbs that are severely flawed. I suspect their advice blurbs are based on a questionnaire responses. Is MSN on par with MSNBC and CNN with their authenticity?
I'm not sure what their rationale is with all these firearm stories are they're cranking out but knowing who they are and what they stand for whatever they're doing isn't for the benefit of the 2nd amendment or supporters of the right to bear arms. I wish shooters everywhere would not post their crap all over the net. Lots of other avenues to read about our sport and lifestyle.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
I have a Beretta 21a( tiny, quality but underpowered, good last ditch) Beretta 84F, Intratec Protec 25(POS) and recently purchased an Sig 365X which I give 4 stars. Doesn't fit category but S&W 642 in near future will be next.

Latest posts