anyone carry this way??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I learned last year while doing my dry fire drills that drawing from concealed with a loose hanging shirt is a lot different than with a vest or jacket cover. it is real easy to get tangled up with the shirt as opposed to just flipping the jacket or vest back.

I hate iwb carry. I'm either going to carry outside on my belt or in my pocket.
Ultimately, I wish I could just wear my gun belt and be done with it but my wife won't let me 😆

"just wear my gun belt"
Now that is a frighting thought.... and would go way beyond 'open carry'.

There was a John Wayne movie and I think Kirk Douglas was in it and there was a question about if either of them wore their gun all the time and I think in the movie the Duke did.

"just wear my gun belt"
Now that is a frighting thought.... and would go way beyond 'open carry'.

There was a John Wayne movie and I think Kirk Douglas was in it and there was a question about if either of them wore their gun all the time and I think in the movie the Duke did.
Open carry is open carry. I fail to see how this is "frightening."
Elmer Keith once said if you plan on being efficient with a handgun then it needs to be part of you, all the time. I agree with that. How many people "carry" but have never fired their weapon? That scares me more than someone that carries every day and knows how to use it.

beachhead, the way I read your post was that was all you were going to have on... was your gun belt and of course gun.... thus the reference to the movie with the Duke in it....
Now I was making an assumption since most of the folks here I assume are old fat men like me..... I can promise you me going around wearing nothing but a gun is a very frighting image.

beachhead, the way I read your post was that was all you were going to have on... was your gun belt and of course gun.... thus the reference to the movie with the Duke in it....
Now I was making an assumption since most of the folks here I assume are old fat men like me..... I can promise you me going around wearing nothing but a gun is a very frighting image.
Now I get it. Lol
Yes indeed that would be scary! 🤣🤣
I wouldn't wish that on anybody!!

Gary Lee

Not a Fudd
I hate iwb carry. I'm either going to carry outside on my belt or in my pocket.
Ultimately, I wish I could just wear my gun belt and be done with it but my wife won't let me 😆
Same here. IWB holsters invariably cause me to experience excruciating pain if worn for extended periods. They must press on a nerve in my hip or something. OWB, shoulder holster, and pocket carry only for this man.

Mike J

Hunter
I have not carried that way. I do have a friend that carries somewhat like that though. He wears overalls all the time. He wears a belt under his overalls & over his shirt with his pistol in a crossbreed IWB holster under the belt.

Nothing wrong with cross draw if you train to do it right... my problem is I'm limited in what I can learn to do physically semi-fast and I prefer to keep it simple.. One method, and mine is holstered at the 4 o'clock. It is hard enough for me to draw and aim from there properly.
Consider something other than belt level carry.

Latest posts