New Single Action Concealed Carry!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My latest creation. Vert/Horiz OWB, Shoulder holster.

Attachments

• IMG_20230415_164055126.jpg
    IMG_20230415_164055126.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 159
Out to 10yds this thing is ferocious. The #9 loads for my 7" 357sig do 1,700+ fps. With V3N37 should break 1800fps. At 25yds it's 1.5' to the left and 1' high and 1' low. I'm calling it Crosseyed Mary.

Attachments

• IMG_20230518_110907579.jpg
    IMG_20230518_110907579.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20230518_110229841.jpg
    IMG_20230518_110229841.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20230518_110144424.jpg
    IMG_20230518_110144424.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 71
I decided to try a few different powders and this is what I got with Universal of all things. Holy Crap!!! I had to film it because I couldn't believe it myself!!!

I watched the video above and was impressed but do have to say I have no desire to shoot 357 Sig out of a little gun like that and I shoot that caliber a lot.

Well, I should not say a lot... it is what I carry and do practice with on occasion.

I watched the video above and was impressed but do have to say I have no desire to shoot 357 Sig out of a little gun like that and I shoot that caliber a lot.

Well, I should not say a lot... it is what I carry and do practice with on occasion.
It shows what the round is capable of. They go even faster out of a 7" barrel. I was so shocked when I saw that velocity the first few times that I had to go load another one for the video. I didn't find it particularly abusive to fire and I find it reassuring that my #4 Phillips Screwdriver Bits are going that fast out of my derringer. Would I be better off with a 22 derringer???

I was frankly surprised myself when my Accurate #9 loads for my 7" Frankenglock and Bullpup Carbine did 1,700+fps out of this thing. I pulled a handful and traded in faster pistol powders and got this. The First Rule of Physics is that any Gun you would want to carry you wouldn't want to shoot and any gun you would want to shoot you wouldn't want to carry. What about that video indicated that it was the least bit abusive? Was there recoil? Yeah but it wasn't trying to bounce off my face or anything now that I look at it it hardly recoiled at all. An inch at most. My Max9 recoils that much with 2 hands.

Last edited:
I have to agree that in the video the recoil and such did not look that bad. I was probably just trying to make the 357 Sig round more abusive than it really is. I carry a Sig P239 in that caliber that I bought off a guy on another forum who owned it for less than a month... beat me to it in the classifieds and then after he took it to the range decided it was too much gun for him..... One of the really interesting items about this specific pistol is you can just put a 9mm barrel in it... just the barrel... keep the 357 recoil spring and magazine and actually shoot 9mm out of it. Much easier on the pocket as well as your body when practicing for any length of time.

I have to agree that in the video the recoil and such did not look that bad. I was probably just trying to make the 357 Sig round more abusive than it really is. I carry a Sig P239 in that caliber that I bought off a guy on another forum who owned it for less than a month... beat me to it in the classifieds and then after he took it to the range decided it was too much gun for him..... One of the really interesting items about this specific pistol is you can just put a 9mm barrel in it... just the barrel... keep the 357 recoil spring and magazine and actually shoot 9mm out of it. Much easier on the pocket as well as your body when practicing for any length of time.
Mine originally came with the shorter 9mm barrel. I ordered and had to wait a few months for the 357 Sig barrel. I've really been impressed with what I can do with handloads and I think it's the perfect Bullpup/Carbine caliber. With the right powder and projectiles I can get amazing velocities. I might have to load some more of these and see what they do in my carbine. The ones using #9 do 2,300fps from a carbine and 1,700+ from the derringer. I had no excessive pressure signs whatsoever. Primers look fine and cases came out with a thumbnail. I used to put my 7yr old daughter on to mock the grown men crying about the LCP recoil. She thought it was her gun because it was her size.

One of my favorite things about it is that I can rechamber a 9mm barrel for it in a few minutes. Barrels designed for subsonic have a faster twist so blanks aren't that hard to find.