Four Shot (kinda) at Walmart After Gun Slips From Man's Waistband

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
He was carrying Mexican style and it started to slip down his leg. Let's just grab it and start working it... BANG! 3 shot, one bruised. Good grief!

"The gun was in his waistband not holstered and loaded," Turnbull explained to local news station WSB-TV. "The gun slipped down his leg, he attempted to grab it, and was somehow manipulating the weapon and discharged the firearm."

Due to the mishap, Walton ended up getting shot in the leg. The bullet then began to ricochet around the store, striking three other shoppers. All were said to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries and were given medical attention."

blammer

Single-Sixer
Dumb without holster-covered trigger, though that might not have saved him. Sounds like 'reckless conduct' charge is certainly warranted.

Also interesting is that there was certainly reason to carry at that Walmart as article mentions a probable kidnapping at gunpoint the month before and shooting in the parking lot in February.

Must have been a skinny guy: I guarantee it would be tightly embedded (and holstered) on me with little chance of slippage :)

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Yawn.

With the number of people carrying concealed, that is one out of how many million - - - that one DAY?
It is not an argument based on data and facts. it is an emotional argument, and it is powerful and effective. Every incident is fuel for the Left. The media will run with it, and people will not care that it is one in a million etc. (IMHO)

diyj98

Single-Sixer
the round 'bounced' off three other folks? I'm skeptical... probably came apart after hitting the floor and they got peppered with some low velocity lead... but it will probably cost Wally World a million each.....
That struck me as rather odd as well. I'm sure more will speak up soon that they either have hearing damage or mental stress after speaking to the local ambulance chasers.

bookemdano

Single-Sixer
Stupid is as Stupid does and this poster child for stupid proves you can't
fix stupid even with Duct Tape or WD40.
Dano

Front page article in The Greenville News this morning that a survey showed 71% of 'the people' want stricter gun laws... the really funny (ironic) part was this survey was done by some institution located in Chicago.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
the round 'bounced' off three other folks? I'm skeptical... probably came apart after hitting the floor and they got peppered with some low velocity lead... but it will probably cost Wally World a million each.....
I heard it blowed their lungs clean out.

I immediately wondered what the bullet, the floor, or shelves, or the PEOPLE that this 'magic' bullet hit, were made of to be able to "bounce off three people"?

At the East Coast Ruger Forum Gathering Contender usually puts up some steel plate target for those of us shooting pistols or revolvers and we shoot them from about 30ft away... you can find lots of flattened rounds about the size of a nickel or quarter in front of them....