What’s your bedroom gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

daveag.

Single-Sixer
A pair of DAO .357 GP100's loaded with Hornady Critical Defense .38 +P. I'd just grab one though, the 2nd one would be if I had to fall back to the bedroom for a NY reload. No need for .357, I don't need to be punching through walls and hitting neighbors, or my oil tank in the basement. I have guns hidden all over my house in spots no one would ever look, so I feel ok with a 6 shot DAO revolver if for some reason home invaders decide to come in , which is honestly highly unlikely because thieves will make sure to break in when they are 100% sure no one is home. So if anyone is coming in to an occupied house they are probably there to kill you, or killing you is on the menu along with taking your stuff.

With full adrenaline dump and tunnel vision , i want a DAO .38 I can just yank the trigger on at across the room distance that I know will go bang 6 times and by the time I've fired 6, either they're dead, I'm dead, or I've gotten to another gun. If there's more than one armed person in my home I'm most likely screwed if they are any kind of determined anyway. I'd hope I'd get one and the other(s) would break contact. I'm not John Wick and neither is anyone else. The less I have to trust magazines, slides, feed ramps, springs, etc the better. Just give me my 6 for sure in a tested Ruger GP100.

Also a S&W 4046 .40 and a Mossberg hidden in the closet, along with a Vaquero in a canvas "tanker" shoulder holster with 12 more rounds of .38 in the loops in case I need to throw something on I can carry in a holster.......like the night when a guy who was high on something was running rampant around my town and people were out looking for him. Sometimes you need a "throw on and go" gun that you can carry no matter what you're wearing without attracting undue attention
My brother used to keep a .45 Blackhawk hanging on a nail, above hallway entrance. He told me about a movie where homeowner was facing intruders. Walking backwards to bedroom, he shot his way out of trouble.

CAJUNCHEF

Bearcat
I also am a fan of the Crimson trace laser grips.... to an extreme to be honest.....
. 38 Special, Crimson Trace Laser Grips on a Taurus 85, 3 inch barrel, loaded with.38 Special 158 gr. SWC-HP +P FBI Load.

Two Flashlights next to my bed.

1st Backup: Ruger SR1911 LW, 200 JHP.

2nd Backup: Ruger.44 Special Flattop Blackhawk, 200 gr. Hornady XTP, 900 fps.
Just because I like it and can shoot it well.

3 rd Backup: Remington 870, Winchester/Western #6 shot, followed by plenty of W/W #4 Buckshot.

4th Backup: Armalite AR-15, .223 Remington, 62 grain W/W JSP, followed by Black Hills 69 grain BTHP.

Backups 3 to 6 seconds away..

As a Chef in many different circumstances, totally believe in Back Up Plans.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
My nightstand: Glock 22 modified for 357 Sig with a red-dot.
Bedroom closet: Early edition Model 12 Winnie w/o trigger disconnect.
Wife's nightstand: Glock 43 9mm with red-dot
Office: Glock 27 converted to 357 Sig & Glock 29 SF in 10mm. M-1 carbine.

Threespears

Single-Sixer
This thing.45 acp 30 round mag
6 mags =180 rounds of BLACK TALON.
Flashlight, Red dot scope, laser, and bayonet 😁🤣

No I don't worry about over penetration.
I don't have any neighbor's
34339C26-3A31-416F-8D02-A2F671BA53F8.jpeg
B1B85E79-52AF-4876-8D85-EE34DEC4B2E8.jpeg

Attachments

• IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0161.jpg
    IMAG0161.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 49