What’s your bedroom gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
"clip" is always a tell tail sign of a novice.... I've even seen it used in books written by someone pretending to be knowledgeable about guns....

wife and I watch a lot of mystery shows on tv and most are either British or Australian it seems and the gun handling and verbiage drives me crazy.

I have know a LOT of older (mostly long gone now) gunners use "clip" when refering to a mag.

Gopher

Single-Sixer
It will soon be my Taurus G2 with a light as soon as I get a few more rounds through my Glock 19X.

caryc

Hawkeye
.38 cal revolver under the corner of the mattress. 12 gauge sawed off double under the bed, loaded with 00 buck. Barrels are 1/8" over illegal. No kids ever in my house.

"clip" is always a tell tail sign of a novice.... I've even seen it used in books written by someone pretending to be knowledgeable about guns....

wife and I watch a lot of mystery shows on tv and most are either British or Australian it seems and the gun handling and verbiage drives me crazy.
Well then after 60+ years I guess I'm a novice. I have used clip and magazine interchangably since I was a kid. Never ran into anyone that didn't understand the meaning of what I was saying.

If you watch some of those WWII training films you will also note a lot of gun handling mistakes... I watched one a short while ago on the 1911 and the instructor was standing in front of the students sweeping them all with the pistol repeatedly.

If you're going to criticize someone's writing, yours should be error free.
One of my claims to fame is I flunked freshman English three times.... and still managed to 'gradutate' with one of them 2 year degrees.... only took me 4.....
"Gun Speak" is no different than 'Sailing Speak" in that those in the know like to point out mistakes..... now that I think about it," knowing the ropes" in sailing and what to call all the parts of a boat is critiqued in the sailing community more than in the gun one.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Ruger 9E for regular home invaders

AR for the SWAT team if they got the wrong address and invade my home.

Stantheman1986

Single-Sixer
A pair of DAO .357 GP100's loaded with Hornady Critical Defense .38 +P. I'd just grab one though, the 2nd one would be if I had to fall back to the bedroom for a NY reload. No need for .357, I don't need to be punching through walls and hitting neighbors, or my oil tank in the basement. I have guns hidden all over my house in spots no one would ever look, so I feel ok with a 6 shot DAO revolver if for some reason home invaders decide to come in , which is honestly highly unlikely because thieves will make sure to break in when they are 100% sure no one is home. So if anyone is coming in to an occupied house they are probably there to kill you, or killing you is on the menu along with taking your stuff.

With full adrenaline dump and tunnel vision , i want a DAO .38 I can just yank the trigger on at across the room distance that I know will go bang 6 times and by the time I've fired 6, either they're dead, I'm dead, or I've gotten to another gun. If there's more than one armed person in my home I'm most likely screwed if they are any kind of determined anyway. I'd hope I'd get one and the other(s) would break contact. I'm not John Wick and neither is anyone else. The less I have to trust magazines, slides, feed ramps, springs, etc the better. Just give me my 6 for sure in a tested Ruger GP100.

Also a S&W 4046 .40 and a Mossberg hidden in the closet, along with a Vaquero in a canvas "tanker" shoulder holster with 12 more rounds of .38 in the loops in case I need to throw something on I can carry in a holster.......like the night when a guy who was high on something was running rampant around my town and people were out looking for him. Sometimes you need a "throw on and go" gun that you can carry no matter what you're wearing without attracting undue attention

Tom in Ohio

Bearcat
Mine is a Steyr AUG A3M1 with a Trijicon TR24 loaded with 62gr bonded soft points.

Attachments

• FF5005A6-1F66-44D9-A27D-98F7B9405BB6.jpeg
    FF5005A6-1F66-44D9-A27D-98F7B9405BB6.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 43

mirglip

Single-Sixer
Where I live there's always the possibility of a Grizzly climbing in a window so my bedside handgun is a 44 special revolver and next to it a double- barreled 12 gauge shotgun with slug and double ought.