Black Widow for concealed carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It is easy to conceal.
20220418_130007.jpg
20220418_125947.jpg

Snake Pleskin

Banned
Well, if the guy on meth is sitting on top of you , you might ask yourself how that happened in the first place? but ,none the less, more people have been dispatched with a .22lr than people realize. This is definitely, a "get off me" firearm. But a .22lr in the right place will ruin anyone's day, and it beats a sharp stick and a rock every day! I own two NA's one is in .22lr and the other is a Convertible with two cylinders. I use them when it is not possible to conceal anything else. Since my main plan is to run like heck from danger anytime I can, I am not concerned with stopping power, 100 yd shots, saving the world etc. If he grabs me, he will be surprised and in the OR or Morgue faster than he can blink an eye. I carry mine in a pocket holster with my hand on it. I do not have time for the Gunsite 4 point draw from concealment. I will shoot right through the pocket first (surprise!) and then do what is necessary to finish the encounter, with remining rounds, which may include retreating to safety. Like Wyatt Earp said, "the best gunfight is the one you do not show up for"!

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I've seen the entrance and exit holes a 2" barreled.22 lr make on a human torso. I do not recommend trying it out. You may well be dead before medical help arrives.

That's why I always carry my NAA Mini regardless of what else i have.
Agree, many people do not realize how many "humans" have succumbed to the .22lr. The mouse that roared! I read several Medical studies on what a .22lr can do to a human being. Apparently it is very unpredictable in that it can turn abruptly, travel amazing distances(inches) inside someone, bounce off bones to cause further tissue damage etc. All the reports concluded that death from a GSW with a .22lr may not be instantaneous in all cases but it is definitely on the way!

Getduck

Bearcat
I carry a NAA loaded with 22 stinger HP's as a last resort back up. Never had to use it, but there if needed.

Mike J

Hunter
While I know CCI & some other manufacturers make good quality ammunition I would be reluctant to carry a rimfire for self defense. I've just had/seen too many duds over the years.

True about rimfires. Too bad the don't chamber it in .25 acp. More reliable and essentially ballistically the same.

No issues with removing cases as you have to remove the cylinder and poke them out anyway. As to head space take a tip from S&W circa 1917 and put in a ledge in the chambers.