Wooden Single Action Cylinder Boxes..update #2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
I thought I'd share some news with you all. John the owner of the wood shop is going to be way to busy to make cylinder boxes. I hooked him up with a business friend that was in need his services, and will be for the foreseeable future. He was elated and I was too, good things happening to a good guy. Contracts all signed.

John advised me that the cylinder boxes are on me...Goody....I'm going to love making these. He set aside part of the shop and tools for me to shoot for the stars.

And, Oh by the way, good buddy, you have me waist deep in this project that's going to be profitable but I need some capital, inventory to produce. Why hell yes I'm in, I am now the proud owner of 49% of a really nice wood shop. I can make saw dust when ever I like....

Took delivery of some good looking walnut today, was already figuring the layout to have the tops of boxes with the figured grain at the further end of the pieces pictured. Along with three completed boxes. When that walnut is rubbed down with three coast of the Danish oil it's gonna look fantastic.

FullSizeR (017).jpg

Last edited:

KIR

Sparks, NV
Lucky you! I was fortunate enough to be passing a cigar store that had a stack of boxes on sale for $2 each. There was one wooden box that I thought where I might store my Silver Dollars. I went in and picked it up. One of three men smoking cigars sitting on EZ chairs said, he just brought it in and told the owner so, and told the owner I could just have it. So, to a much lesser degree, lucky me too.

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
You bet, there is all kind of unique wooden boxes that can be purposed for all kinds of things. I'm in my cave looking at 15 wooden boxes I've coveted over the last several years. There's is just something about certain wooden boxes.

hittman

Staff member
Gotta love a true craftsman!
On another note about cigar boxes. My local "smoke shop" will occasionally give me one if they have some.
One is a perfect fit for an Sig P220, and extra magazine and a 50 round box of ammo! Makes a great little hidey-hole.

JPGLSG1234

Blackhawk
Well I invite you single action people to see my post in the classifieds. For some reason or another I thought I needed a Saw Stop table saw 1.5HP model. I'll never recoup the cost of this saw building cylinder boxes. But hey it's all with love I'm doing this.