Well a new one on the way ...UPDATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Stopped at the local FFL today and bought a new Ruger SECURITY 380. Cost me $319.99 plus tax and $10.00 for the State. $349.19 out the door. NOW, I get to wait 7 days till they determine I am not a nut case, fugitive, terrorist, or whatever reason there is for the 'waiting' period'.
My FFL called today and let me know my Security .380 arrived today, I'll pick her up in AM.
Bought here off a forum member. Frank I hope you enjoy yours.
Terry

xtratoy

Buckeye
Stopped at the local FFL today and bought a new Ruger SECURITY 380. Cost me $319.99 plus tax and $10.00 for the State. $349.19 out the door. NOW, I get to wait 7 days till they determine I am not a nut case, fugitive, terrorist, or whatever reason there is for the 'waiting' period'.
Isn't it funny that you might already own several guns but that one new one you may buy requires a cooling off period so you don't use in a " heat of the moment" crime? Makes sense to me......

Dave Schwaab

Single-Sixer
Congrats, and enjoy.

I love mine. I can shoot it almost as fast and as accurately as my SR22, which I had thought of carrying. That idea changed when the Peoples Democratic Republic of New Jersey finally allowed the rabble to carry a firearm for personal protection, in limited places and under limited conditions, after the Bruen decision. The Powers That Be specified a minimum caliber of .380, and, fortunately, Ruger introduced the Security 380. (Of course, by New Jersey law, the 15 round mag did have to be modified to limit the capacity to the state-compliant 10 rounds.)

The waiting period before one can pick up the gun that was paid for is just another impediment to our rights as citizens. I'm sure if they thought they could get away with it, some states like NY, NJ, MD, HI and CA would have 30 day waits, or 90 days, or maybe 365 days. I fondly remember back in the 1980's, not exactly ancient history, when after a burglary of my home in Texas and the loss of the one gun that I owned, I walked into a sporting goods store, saw a beautiful nickel S&W Model 19 and bought it in cash on the spot. The store threw in a box of 50 357 Magnum rounds and I walked out minutes later with this great revolver. No paperwork (althought I think I had to show my driver's license to prove that I was over 18 or a state resident, or something), no waiting period, nothing. I was a U.S. citizen and by God had the right to buy myself a firearm.

Fox Mike, congrats on the new gun!

The security 380 has a 15 round magazine? Holy cow! I did not know that.

I was organizing my ammo safe and noticed I have a lot of 380, but not a gun to shoot it.

Does the Security 380 shoot a lot like the Max 9? I can't help but notice the two pistols look very similar.

@Fox Mike
I would appreciate hearing of what you think of the gun after you get it.

I just went over to Ruger's website and watched one of their videos on the gun. They say it's one of the "lite" rack pistols. Are they really?

But also please tell us what you think of the grip and trigger etc.

At that price it is tempting.

Thanks!

Isn't it funny that you might already own several guns but that one new one you may buy requires a cooling off period so you don't use in a " heat of the moment" crime? Makes sense to me......
What is even crazier is that if you are "registered collector" you are allowed to purchase more than one handgun each month but still have to go through the 7 day waiting period. Those of us that reside here in "California East" have to put up with a lot of crazy laws.

Just to say it and brag a little on S.C. I've never 'waited' anytime at all to purchase a gun at my FFL... if you don't include one of the clerks finishing up with another customer and asking me if they can help me. Of course the real irony is if they did call in a background check on me I would be flat our denied.

Fox Mike: Hope you enjoy that little pistol!

Azrael

Bearcat
Ordered mine from Ky. Gun Co. on Wednesday for $224.83, not a bad deal ! Was going to be a Christmas gift for my wife, but based on what I have read, I might keep it for myself. Back to (again) shopping for her.

Last edited:
Just to say it... never ever buy a gun for your wife.... or at least one 'you' think she wants.... I bought about 7 of these before I finally gave up..... Everything from a Walther PPK to a Ruger Security Six with 6" barrel ..... what she actually preferred was a Springfield 1911.....

I should also say that I hold a C&R FFL, that they check everything but your shoe size prior to issue but, I still have to jump through all the Democrat designed "regulations".

Latest posts