Well a new one on the way ...UPDATE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19

Hunter
10 round
Ake7MaO.jpg

15 round
HcRkWGh.jpg

What is even crazier is that if you are "registered collector" you are allowed to purchase more than one handgun each month but still have to go through the 7 day waiting period. Those of us that reside here in "California East" have to put up with a lot of crazy laws.
Fortunately our Legislator's are stupid. Lots of loopholes to sneak through.

Took it to the indoor range today. First two magazines were kinda to 'feel it out' and get an idea how and where it was hitting. First it is MUCH easier to shoot than the LCP II. Not near as "snappy". Shooting at about 21 feet the first actual aimed shots were all low left. The next I held right of the bull they were still centered but low. Of course all the tools I had ere great except I didn't have an Allen wrench so I could adjust the rear sight. The final magazine I held high right (near the top of the Bull) about the 6 ring. I might add that the aim point was a 'questimate" each shot Here are the results. (the very top hole is where the target attaches to the frame)

csKshvtl.jpg

Last edited:

HoosierBilly1

Bearcat
I bought one a few days ago, and I have not shot it yet. I realized I haven't purchased enough 380 ACP ammo to test and enjoy a day in the woods with my son. Mine came with a 10 round magazine and a 15 round magazine. I like the serrations in the slide better than those in the Security 9. It is lighter than the Security 9 too, so I am expecting a soft recoil. It may take me a few days to be able to go out and shoot it. I don't like the magazines though. The followers look looser than the Security 9 followers. I will test and see if it is something that needs to be addressed or not.

HoosierBilly1

Bearcat
I finally had a chance to shoot my Security 380 about 2 weeks ago. My first session I had several fails to eject/feed. I thought my son was limp wristing but it happened to me too. After realizing it was bone dry, I lubed it and had a 2nd session the next day with no malfunctions. Very pleased with the soft recoil. My son is 10 years old and he enjoyed it too. I cleaned the magazines and lubed inside the magazine body to make it easy on the followers. No issues. What I like the most is the front sight. It is very bright and easy to aim with it. I probably will buy one like it for my Security 9 which I think it should match the same cuts.

Latest posts