SCAMMER

Help Support Ruger Forum:

John in WYO

Single-Sixer
Thats not necessarily true. I was scammed on here by a guy in Oklahoma. He was listing multiple guns he didn't have and scamming several people. I/we contacted the local police department with the information on what he was doing.
I sent you a pm.

I don't often list firearms for sale anymore (either on GunBroker or any forum), because shipping can be such a gigantic pain - I much prefer to sell locally to an FFL. But anytime I do list anything for sale, I would be happy to agree on terms here via PM, and then do the actual sale through GunBroker. That generally increases costs a bit (sales tax, fees, etc.), but GunBroker has some protections in place (up to $500, with a $100 deductable):

Personally, I much prefer private transactions here on the forum (for parts, reloading components, etc.), but some folks might like to finalize commitments on GunBroker. If nothing else, some scammer would have to get access to both a seller's Ruger forum password AND their GunBroker password, in order to impersonate them.

As always FWIW, IMHO, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

jack black

Blackhawk
Took me less than 5 min to check this and verify a scam. Do your homework before you deal .

Best wishes
A side note the phone number is a land line out of Nevada. right in the middle of the gaming area.

Last edited:

jack black

Blackhawk
So was he sending this to your FFL or directly to you? Maryland is a strict gun law state .Did he need to go FFL to FFL you did check out the gun laws for his state?

Dos Vaqueros

Single-Sixer
Traveling is no longer required in many jurisdictions. On good thing about Covid was the courts now recognize testimony by Zoom and other Internet services.

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
Please be aware of a scammer on the site who goes by Wax90. Name is Reon Maxwell, who lives at 607 Deerhead Drive in Silver Spring, MD 20904. His email address is: [email protected] and is phone number is 702-209-0014. I sent him a USPS Money Order to purchase a S&W revolver. He sent me a USPS tracking number, that turned out to be bogus. I have turned this over to the Postal Inspection Service as a fraud violation.
Unfortunately, you are 100% correct in assuming that the postal inspectors will not help you in any way, shape or form. Before someone suggests it, ATF won't help you either. I would NOT advocate this for you, BUT if it were ME, I'd be looking for a forum member that might live in the vicinity.

nrobe50

Buckeye
Education is expensive. I have never been ripped off but decided not to send money on a couple of deals because it didn't feel right. Have dealt with long time folks on this forum many times and have never had an issue. Gotta know who you are dealing with.

Sixgunz

Bearcat
Unfortunately, you are 100% correct in assuming that the postal inspectors will not help you in any way, shape or form. Before someone suggests it, ATF won't help you either. I would NOT advocate this for you, BUT if it were ME, I'd be looking for a forum member that might live in the vicinity.
The Postal Inspectors are worthless. They are vastly understaffed and rely on the local police to do their heavy lifting, which the local PD doesn't want to do. The ATF is in a similar spot. For those of you who want to defund the police, this is what you get. Your local police may give you encouraging words on a phone call, but they simply aren't staffed to help.

Another poster said they filed charges against someone in another state.....how? The crime wasn't committed in the state where the victim resides, so I doubt the validity of that claim. Further, If you file a civil suit against someone, you have to file it in the county where the defendant lives, which is a PITA if you also don't live there. Caveat emptor.

The bottom line is, only do a face to face transaction or deal with someone you trust. Any account can be hacked, which is happening every day on Gunbroker.

Latest posts