Scammer Alert Michael Spector Exposed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cafsman

Bearcat
If anyone on this forum or any other forum has been scammed by a Michael Spector in Phoenix Arizona please contact me. I am working with a detective that has found Mr. Spector. The problem is the D.A. is hesitant to do much as Mr. Spector was smart enough to keep his scams under $1,000 and unless multiple people come forward he will escape prosecution.

Moderator feel free to post this anywhere you would like.

Cholo

Staff member
This has happened before. What's his username?

I was scammed a couple years ago on a $1,300 Browning HP deal. This guy worked from ArmsList using bank funds transfer. The detective from Grand Prairie, TX spoke to the guy who accepted funds but after that nothing. Even the chief was aware of the case.
If you know anything about Mr, Spector contact CAFSMAN above as I'm sure he will need every bit of data to get this alleged offender.

cafsman

Bearcat
First to Hittman; I am not aware of what name he used in the past on this forum. I was just making sure current members of this forum and other forums that he may have duped that he has been identified.

Yes, I did contact other forums and so far two have come forward.

I live in Glendale AZ and the DA doesn't like to handle cases under $2000. I'd send an email to the Maricopa county DA and
Lodge a complaint about this person, Michael Spector has committed fraud across state lines. You can also contact the State DA Chris Mayes regarding the same concern.

Would you be willing to speak with detective Carrieres? [email protected]
I'm not sure what I could add anything to what he had the ability to do for you. As the victim I would contact the Maricopa County Attorney Rachel Mitchell, she's is the top dog. And if you don't get action then the states AG Chris Mayes. This is interstate fraud.

cafsman

Bearcat
I just received an email from the detective in Phoenix handling this case. He says he interviewed the turd and his stories did not jive. Problem is this guy is 79 years old and the county attorney may not prosecute unless a few more come forward. Every victim/witness helps to assure he will not pick up where he left off. He is well aware that the DA may not prosecute so he goes silent for a few months, hits a new forum, but same MO. He needs to be held accountable. If any of you are on any other forums that Mr. Spector may have pulled the same scam please reach out to the members or give me the lead to do so via PM. I am 72 so I have no sympathy for this guy. He knows exactly what he is doing and flaunting it.
I live in Glendale AZ and the DA doesn't like to handle cases under $2000. I'd send an email to the Maricopa county DA and
Lodge a complaint about this person, Michael Spector has committed fraud across state lines. You can also contact the State DA Chris Mayes regarding the same concern.

He is pretty well known on several forums for this horse manure
If you have specifics or know of other victims that would help. The detective is trying to get a warrant to obtain his financial records.

hittman

Staff member
postal inspectors will get involved.
I've heard that literally hundreds of times. Never once have I heard anyone say that postal inspectors executed a search warrant or made an arrest or got their money back or secured a conviction.

Financial crimes ( which this is ) are way way down on the list of priorities for LEOs and prosecutors.

Paul B

Hunter
My only experience with postal in spectors was when stopped by the house and gave me a stern lecture on sending live ammo through the mail. The fact of the visit is I'd bought 100 rounds of 220 gr. Sierra round nose bullets and the package broke open on the conveyer belt. Postal worker freaked out and got the inspector involved. He did give me the recovered bullets though and none were missing.
I hope you guys can lay a whammy on Spector. I wish you luck.
Paul B.

I've heard that literally hundreds of times. Never once have I heard anyone say that postal inspectors executed a search warrant or made an arrest or got their money back or secured a conviction.

Financial crimes ( which this is ) are way way down on the list of priorities for LEOs and prosecutors.
This is a federal fraud case if a USPS money order was used.
I'm usually on the FAL Files and there have been several posts where postal inspectors where asked to look into frauds paid by USPS money orders, and while some inspectors seem to poo-poo it away, some don't. It seemed that the more the victim pressed the post office, the better the results, just like ANY government agency. So when I hear someone doesn't get satisfaction from the government, my first question is "How far up the chain of command did you go"? I've had to push it with them myself and had I stopped at my first wall, I would have never been satisfied, i.e. paid the insurance money that I paid for.
It's been effective enough on the FAL Files that many people won't take any type of payment except USPS money orders.
Never hurts to have extra charges to pile upon other charges.

hittman

Staff member
Hope he gets his money back. Color me extremely skeptical.
There's way bigger fish to fry than this.

cafsman

Bearcat
According to my detective the postal inspector was notified immediately but "had bigger fish to fry"...unless there are multiple substantiated accounts of this activity from him. Spector is in the crosshairs and will most likely play the "old man" card but he lives in a really nice place and I suspect he does so at the expense of others.

Latest posts