SCAMMER

Help Support Ruger Forum:

csnider

Single-Sixer
Please be aware of a scammer on the site who goes by Wax90. Name is Reon Maxwell, who lives at 607 Deerhead Drive in Silver Spring, MD 20904. His email address is: [email protected] and is phone number is 702-209-0014. I sent him a USPS Money Order to purchase a S&W revolver. He sent me a USPS tracking number, that turned out to be bogus. I have turned this over to the Postal Inspection Service as a fraud violation. Not holding my breath anything will come of this.

Just be aware of this SOB. First time this has happened to me, and I will never again do a purchase from an individual over the internet .

Charlie

Well... all I can say is I would have a whole lot fewer high quality vintage firearms if I refused to buy them from individuals "over the internet." Stuff happens... Hate to hear about it and I'll be careful... but how else will you ever find a particular 1959 S&W revolver?

Was it someone from this forum or the S&W Forum or where?

You did just right to involve the postal inspectors. Also, seek out the consumer advocate of the USPS to assist you as well. Why not suggest this to the ATF ? They do lots of various things why not something useful like helping recover from a faudulent sale?

I found out the hard way on a missing firearm that the ATF won't get involved unless requested by the police at the sending end and the police at the receiving end???? At least that is what I was told by my FFL.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I never assume that any governmental service will be of service........ I believe Henry Ford spoke of this failure to serve..!!
Very sorry for your loss.

IMHO,
J.

Sendin007

Single-Sixer
If he files a civil suit in TX and gets a default judgment he still won't be able to collect on it.
If he files a civil suit in MD he'll need to shell out a retainer for an attorney there. And if disputed, travel there to testify.
Thats not necessarily true. I was scammed on here by a guy in Oklahoma. He was listing multiple guns he didn't have and scamming several people. I/we contacted the local police department with the information on what he was doing. They treated it as a felony - obtaining funds by fraud. Since we had all of his information it was presented to the local District Attorney's Office and a warrant was issued. I am still waiting as this case slowly process through the legal system but at least he was identified and stopped from ripping off any others. Also, he has to pay a huge bill in legal fees and fines to the state for what he has been charged with. Bottom line is I really don't expect my funds returned but he didn't get off Scott free and left to scam others.

hittman

Staff member
You went criminal. I'm referencing civil.
If you live in TX and get a default judgment against a MD resident, you need to "register" your judgment in MD. When you attempt to register it, the defendant will have the opportunity to dispute it. If he does that, you'll need to appear in person to plead your case.

And of course you'll have to already know where he has assets at. Savings account, IRA, etc.

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
I got ripped off ON this website a couple months ago by a "safe" long-time member. Someone had hacked his ID & I thought I was dealing with a reputable person. So even this website itself isn't safe from that type of scam.

As a sort of last resort, perhaps you can contact the office of your US Representative or Senator. They are usually very helpful. They helped me with the IRS when they would not even respond to me. Best of luck with this.

Latest posts