Ruger Bearcat stainless & blue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Megzamani

Bearcat
shew at last, images. enjoy... I hope this works.

20140107_223946_zpsiecryzef.jpg

20140107_223918_zps1akjiisd.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
If you decide to get the letter, before you spend the $10, you may want to call and verify it will state that it has the two tone finish.

It must have the 4 1/4" barrel since the ejector doesn't come to the end but I'm glad it's a stainless housing instead of aluminum. You can get the 1/4" longer housings for standard Bearcats, they're being made aftermarket in blue steel and stainless.

NZshooter

Bearcat
Hondo44 said:
I'm glad it's a stainless housing instead of aluminum.
How is that even possible? Isn't the Shopkeeper the only Bearcat with a stainless ERH? Bearcat owners have been clamoring for a stainless housing for years. Maybe it un-anodized aluminum. Maybe some Ruger employee slapped this together as a joke or was trying to get fired and used a housing meant for a stainless Single Six (because a Shopkeeper housing would be too short). Maybe it's a conspiracy and that's why Ruger refuses to tell the OP how many left the factory like this. They won't give him an exact number but say that it's "less than ten." Weird.

Honestly, how can human hands touch this at the factory and not realize something is FUBAR?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I believe the switch to stainless coincides with the shopkeeper introduction. Ruger's been taking flack for years about the funky anodized mis-matched housing. Can't be a single six housing, wrong length and diameter.

"Honestly, how can human hands touch this at the factory and not realize something is FUBAR?"
I never have been able to find an answer to that.....

Megzamani

Bearcat
I frog lubed it like slathering butter on a biscuit. On the ten dollar thing. I even have better, I have a phone voice message from ruger stating a very very few were made.
On the run her up the flagpole and see who salutes. I am considering that. The funding would allow me to get another item. I historically do not keep things very long. Sometimes i buy them as a rent to own type of mentality just so i can shoot them, do a review and a youtube video. I have done several of these over the last three years and they are fun. I also do artwork of the guns and photography and image manipulation to enhance and have a creative expression. Have real life painted and taught art class a couple of decades ago and now work digitally. I do thank all of you for assisting and commenting. The one person said everytime you take it apart you scratch something. Well said and taken. I am going to remove the pin once more time, and then place the yellow two point pin back in the cylinder and close her up. That is after i do my artwork images this weekend. I have an old farmstead I have access to to make all kinds of image works that have that decades old look and feel.

I also have had, but do not have a three digit serial number bearcat that I lost for need to make ends meet. I am trying to locate it again now since I know this one should not be fired. I have had four bearcats over the three years. Even one without the transfer bar. I am trying to rebuy that one as i understand these are worth something as well. Maybe I can trade him something back for it.
Anyways, I took it into the local gun store yesterday and showed Dean and he just gasped at it and said , be worth a grand to me right now. Money sure talks to me but I didnt sell it. I have some more showing and story telling before someone else owns it.

I tried three times to get the ruger person to email me with how many. But was told a very very few less then ten got made. The voice mail with him saying that very few were made I have as he left it as a voice message. That alone is worth it to me.
I did yes as advised look at cabelas gun library for another one.
A very interesting thing about this was I had seen it three days before and dismissed it as a project pistol someone had bead blasted the barrel. That was 3 days before new years. Well I got in the mail a friends and family discount card and i went over and used on the pistol and did a lay away for a hundred bucks. i went and picked it up on New Years day as i wanted it to be the first gun I bought for the new year. Little did I know it was going to be more special than I had imagined.
When I first began shooting sports again at age 52, now 55. I took six weeks to pick my first pistol out. My son and i went to every store, pawn shop and gun show and auction we could. After 6 weeks i had my first one picked. Then shortly after that a couple weeks later my son had his 1st one picked. Always had to be new at that point. My first ruger was a 10-22 and then the 22 lite in gold anodize. From there various ones. But several rugers since then.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I don't know how one could authenticate a voicemail to a would be buyer as coming from Ruger or pass it on with the gun. Authentication must pass to the buyer with the gun or it's of no value. Hard copy evidence is what's needed.

Megzamani

Bearcat
it has his direct number in the voicemail and his voice is an easy one to recognize when spoken too. anyway I called back today and asked about the 10 dollar coa paper. seems a good thing to do. was told 60 days wait time though.

NZshooter

Bearcat
Megzamani said:
it has his direct number in the voicemail and his voice is an easy one to recognize when spoken too. anyway I called back today and asked about the 10 dollar coa paper. seems a good thing to do. was told 60 days wait time though.
It'll pay for itself 100 times over.

Megzamani

Bearcat
Have never used gunbroker before. Thinking of listing it. Is this the right place to do this or should i use another?

NZshooter

Bearcat
Megzamani said:
Have never used gunbroker before. Thinking of listing it. Is this the right place to do this or should i use another?
That's the biggest and most popular, most likely where you'll get the most exposure. Send it it me, I'll list it for ya :D

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
I just got a new vaquero birdshead 3" that is blue with silver barrel and blue erh. New from rugerr bought at cabelas.its .45acp---bedrockfred

chet15

Hawkeye
Could really use a pic of that box end label.
And what everybody says here, that a factory letter confirming what you are saying, is a must in order to get a premium for this one, above a standard stainless or blue gun.
Chet15
It does look like it has something going for it though as on the Utube video, it shows the fired cartridge case envelope having the Newport Ruger address and FFL, something I'd never seen on such an envelope till now.
Also keep in mind that Cabela's has been the one that's been getting most (all?) of Ruger's "used" guns for the last several years. If its truly a "BLEM" gun, then sounds feasible that Cabela's would get this as well.
Chet15

Major T

Blackhawk
Thirty or so years ago, I bought a Colts SA which hah no patent markings on the left side of the frame. I did not auction it, but I offered it for sale at several gun shows. A manufacturing error for sure. The best offer that I ever got was $100 over full retail. Most folks apparently just thought that stuff happens, so what?

I wish you well, but I would prefer either a blue or stainless model. Like to think that all my guns, expensive or not so much, are shooters.

Best wishes, jack

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
bedrockfred said:
I just got a new vaquero birdshead 3" that is blue with silver barrel and blue erh. New from rugerr bought at cabelas.its .45acp---bedrockfred

So here's bedrockfred's new find. It also has a blued front sight which he did not mention. Not bad for $549 at our local Cabela's. In the first picture, you can see a 45ACP Blued Talo Birdshead below his new one....well, I bought that one for $529 the following day :mrgreen: They both said "Factory Blemish" on the hang tags and I asked if they would knock $20 off the $549 sticker and they did (Thank you Cabela's). Like another poster put in here, I looked long and hard for a blemish on mine and couldn't find anything too noticeable under a bright light, maybe blueing lighter than Q.C. wanted?....We'll see how she shoots.

NCM_0124_zps008be320.jpg

Here's the end label and shell envelope:

NCM_0175_zps15e25d5f.jpg

Megzamani

Bearcat
Oh wow super cool. Made in September just like mine
now I want more items like this. looks exactly the same thing as mine is
What to do indeed.

Megzamani

Bearcat
I will get everyone a image of the box soon. I was going to do that last week and forgot.

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
And you can't see it in the first picture, but the handle. They have/had a New Vaquero that was all blued except the main frame! I believe it was a 5.5" barrel model.

olyinaz

Bearcat
These two tone Rugers seem to be multiplying! Here's another: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=387546362

The Bearcat, subject of this thread, would really look great with a stainless trigger guard as part of the two tone look, and I like the 4.5" barrel quite a lot.

If only Ruger would scale the Bearcat up and make them in 357-45 caliber! I just love the looks of the thing but they're simply too small for me so I sold mine a year or so back.

Good luck with your Bearcat.

Oly