Ruger Bearcat stainless & blue

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The Sturminator said:
And you can't see it in the first picture, but the handle. They have/had a New Vaquero that was all blued except the main frame! I believe it was a 5.5" barrel model.

It's about time! I got tired of waiting last year:

Old Model Super SS, frame in the white, top flattened, 4" barrel, all steel including XR3 grip and rear Micro sight:

orig.jpg

BEFORE:
standard.jpg

Hondo44

Hawkeye
olyinaz said:
The Bearcat, subject of this thread, would really look great with a stainless trigger guard as part of the two tone look, and I like the 4.5" barrel quite a lot.

If only Ruger would scale the Bearcat up and make them in 357-45 caliber! I just love the looks of the thing but they're simply too small for me so I sold mine a year or so back. Oly

You have some good ideas Oly!

The SS trigger guard would also give it an historical look like the early 'Cats' with brass anodized TG.

I like the scaled up Bearcat idea too. It seems it wouldn't be much different than a New Vaquero though. Unless it's made with a Non-fluted cylinder, SBH hammer and Round top grips. Am I missing something?

Megzamani

Bearcat
Ok, guys--- should I list it here or goto gunbroker and list it. or list it at gunbroker and then make a link to it here. Do not want to do anything messy. There is a big gun show in councel bluffs iowa this friday, saturday and sunday so I am going to go there at the least before placing it anywhere. I really wirh I knew the value of it. But as i was told many times, the value is the market day selling price just like any other item. Since now i know at least three were made but not more then ten. A person that has a bearcat collection would like it more than just a casual shooter and it is not worth anymore to them and would just go but either an all blue or all stainless one. This one of course should be a show piece and stuff. So far the bragging rights have made many smiles to me and my son. But as i do not have that many items to take to the range. This item idle does not mean a lot to me. I am however going to make a few more images and a youtube movie soon. then after that will have the yellow end peg placed back in and strapped down the hammer and cylinder.

thanks. all the help anyone has or advice from some long times would help. I surely am only three years old and not knowing enough to make an informed decision other then the knowing to sell this will fund something I can take to the range.

NZshooter

Bearcat
Megzamani said:
Ok, guys--- should I list it here or goto gunbroker and list it
IMO (for whatever that's worth) if any of the serious collectors want it they would have seen this thread or heard about it by now and they would have PM'd you with an offer.

I say gunbroker with an opening bid 50% more than what you paid and no reserve. BUT I would only do that with an official letter from Ruger included in the auction.

Again, JMHO.

I suggest you set a price and offer it here, in the 'classified section' first. No matter what you do decide I would have that letter from Ruger available prior to listing it. How about giving us a hint as to what the going price may be?

The Sturminator

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
The Sturminator said:
And you can't see it in the first picture, but the handle. They have/had a New Vaquero that was all blued except the main frame! I believe it was a 5.5" barrel model.

It's about time! I got tired of waiting last year:

Old Model Super SS, frame in the white, top flattened, 4" barrel, all steel including XR3 grip and rear Micro sight:

orig.jpg

That's darn sharp Hondo44 8)

chet15

Hawkeye
What this all really sounds like is that Ruger's QC is apparently slipping again. Also had confirmed there are now some 38- prefixed .45 Blackhawks that just got made (out of sequence serial numbering...the .45 should have a 48- prefix), so there's something more for you guys to look for.
Chet15

Megzamani

Bearcat
well I still have it and it has not been fired. Looked at it a couple of times and stuff.