High Polishing stainless Ruger six series

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FLgun

Single-Sixer
Has anyone high polished stainless six series to look similar to a nickel plated bright finish quality shine? If so, how would one recommend going about doing so

hittman

Staff member
Mother's Mag Polish and a wheel on your Dremel tool.
Some like it …. Some don't.
Your gun so your call.

I've not done it but a local guy polished all his Smiths that way.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
I did not use any power tools , too easy to dish out and round off.
I did use Mothers on a rag and just rubbed while watching TV. A slow and steady progression.
I mostly did it as part of clean up after shooting just 5 or 10 minutes at a time.
Maybe not a perfect HIGH POLISH but plenty blingy enough and the gun always looked new.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I polished a 686 once, hated it. After polishing it looked beautiful, but every time you touched it the finger prints just looked horrible. If you do polish just beware of something that might frustrate you.

Have a photo?
here are the photos as promised. These Sixes were polished in early 80's. I have seen remarks about fingerprints etc but always seemed fine to me. There is a GP in one of the photos in it's natural state for comparison. Don't know that it tells you much you don't already know or can imagine.

Attachments

• sec six.jpg
    sec six.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 151
  • two sixes one GP.jpg
    two sixes one GP.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 151

FLgun

Single-Sixer
The one on the far left… how often do you repolish it every so often to maintain the high shine?

FLgun

Single-Sixer
With mothers mag and a rag.. is it possible to polish off the letters and markings on the stainless guns?

Latest posts