REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

victank1

Bearcat
I'm in Alabama and can shoot a 1/2 inch hole down here ,free handed looking at a mirror and backwards with my eyes closed..Can't come up to prove it but I can..BUY THAT? HA HA HA LOL, would you belive, maybe a six inch group at 10 yrds

Rev,
My travel contract in Tx is up mid July. I'll see if they have anything close to you so I can prove to you once and for all (me too) whether I can or not do your challenge. If I get up that way. Was the challenge before or after the beer?
gramps

revhigh

Hawkeye
Hey Gramps,

Of course the beer is first ... I want to win and have every advantage.

Only kidding ... beer is ALWAYS after shooting !! :D

Looking forward to it !

REV

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Man...how did I go this long without seeing this thread...LOL

Classic!

A challenge indeed. I can pull consistent (CZreverend has actually seen me do this) 10 shot,10 second 25 yard groups under 4" -BUT- that was with my bullseye prepped Mark II .22

Centerfire is actually doable for sub 3" at 25 yard with regular consistency. Every bullseye competition I have ever attended has produced these.

However 1" at 45' (centerfire - Freehand) is a whole other ball game.

Have no doubts that it can be done, but it would not be using a traditional setup...they just can't do it. Thinking a Thompson Center with a sweet sixteen barrel of any caliber may be able to muster it....not much else simply because of the limitations that iron sights + motion afford the average handgun shooter.

revhigh

Hawkeye
WOW, I'm surprised this thread has been resurrected from the dead !! It was a fun thread with a lot of good natured ribbing going on. I STILL haven't had any takers ... who'd a thunk it .... I guess all the one inch shooters don't need any extra money !

TDY, you could take ALL of the $200 offered ... I bet that would cover your gas !!!!

REV :D

revhigh

Hawkeye
I_Like_Pie":3yvq6a2v said:
Man...how did I go this long without seeing this thread...LOL

Hey Matt !! A little background on this. There had been several (maybe 3 or 4) posters prior to my challenge that proclaimed things like 'I took my SR9 to the range for the first time, and put 10 out of 10 shots in a one inch circle at 15 yards', and 'My P89 shoots into one inch consistently if I do my part' ... I called these people out for telling a little bit of exaggerated 'fish stories', and was chastised by several posters for calling them liars and was told that if a man says he can shoot one inch groups at 15 yards, then he can. That's what caused me to create the 'REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE'. Being a shooter who shoots all calibers from .22 to .454 Casull almost every single weekend (not in the same weekend :D ) at almost that exact range (50 feet), I'd say I've done this MAYBE 10 times in 15 years or so. I can also say that if I miss 3 or 4 weeks, that the task becomes virtually impossible, and some who were making these claims had just bought the SR9 as their first gun.

Still waiting .....

REV

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Awesome.

The problem that i have is that I can often hit the X on the fist shot, but as the holes appear it shifts my point of aim from the X to the hole and I end up tattering the target like walking up a set of stairs.

Same thing when I am practicing benchrest....the only way I have found to combat this is to have a target with about 20 different X marks and then do an average measurement for each row of 5

aWoods

Single-Sixer
Hi Rev,

It's incredibly hard to shoot that well. If I can get 5 shots on the size of an index card, I'm feeling damn awesome.

Cheers,

revhigh

Hawkeye
aWoods":1ygs3lee said:
Hi Rev,

It's incredibly hard to shoot that well. ,

Tell me about it aWoods :D , that's what I was trying to tell people when I got accused of calling people 'liars' ...

Still waiting for the FIRST taker !!!

REV

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
So Rev,

This is hand held, Do you have to be standing, or can you be sitting?

Also, you indicated that all shots had to fit into a 1" circle. That is a bit harder to do than 1MOA.

Say I used my 480 Ruger. If I shot 1 MOA at 15 yards, that would still be almost a 1.475" circle to cover up the bullet holes

Charlie

QB

Single-Sixer
I used to have a nice collection of pistols that I could shoot 1" at 15 yards....when I did my part of course. But I sold them all once my eyesight and arthritis got bad and moved on to some rifles with optics.

The catch would have been "doing my part" enough times to offset the $1 I'd lose when I "didn't do my part".........ha ha ha.

Would have been fun to take the challenge though!!!!

SVI (Infinity) .38 super with ported Schumann barrel
CZ 75 Champion
Tanfaglio Witness Elite Limited .38 super
Tanfaglio Witness Elite Limited 9mm
SIG P210
HK Elite
SIG X-Five
SIG Sport

revhigh

Hawkeye
Leucoandro":28tet5gs said:
So Rev,

This is hand held, Do you have to be standing, or can you be sitting?

Also, you indicated that all shots had to fit into a 1" circle. That is a bit harder to do than 1MOA.

Say I used my 480 Ruger. If I shot 1 MOA at 15 yards, that would still be almost a 1.475" circle to cover up the bullet holes

Charlie

Hey Charlie !

I think it was decided back on around page 2 of the thread that the measurement was center to center one inch or under, that gave everyone some extra leeway. The challenge was for standing, held anyway you want with no external supports, and you're right ... you'd get 1.475 with your 480/

REV

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
bump , because i can do that on my buddys xbox 360 (call of duty) ;)
and even my N64 ( golden eye 007)

really i want to see someone do this

i would but Rev said no professional shooters ;)
jk

revhigh

Hawkeye
2fast4u":3733jq4l said:
bump , because i can do that on my buddys xbox 360 (call of duty) ;)
and even my N64 ( golden eye 007)

really i want to see someone do this

i would but Rev said no professional shooters ;)
jk

You're good to go 2F4Y ... since nobody else would take me up on it :D

This is the thread that just won't die. LOL.

I still enjoy reading it from the beginning every 6 months or so !

REV

Paine

Bearcat
Ok I'm in! I'm going shooting tomorrow anyway so why not.

I'll be at the range from about 0830 till about 1030 so I'll PM you around 1100 so I know where to send the dollar. LOL