REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
Fun thread. If I had the money to cover the travel expenses I'd probably have to take the challenge. Not because I think I would win money. I just think it'd be fun to try & besides I always enjoy a day at the range.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Yup, there have been some tall tales told here about shooting ability.

My favorite is the 'My blah blah will shoot one ragged hole at 25 yards' statement. Or this one ... I just picked up me brand new SR9 and took it to the range. It consistently shot one inch groups ALL DAY LONG at 25 yards ... if I did MY part .... LOL.

Needless to say ... those same 'internet marksmen' have never stood up to be counted ... and they've also never posted in this thread.

REV

Will Farr

Bearcat
John Wesley Hardin, in his last days in El Paso, sometimes shot little groups on playing cards, signed them, and peddled them for whiskey and gambling funds. He shot from six steps. In remembrance of old JW, I have also done this many times. With SOME of my pistols, SOMETIMES, I can shoot 1" or smaller groups at his distance, but not at no dern 15 yards!

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
I am thinking about doing a similar thing on a local forum I visit. The folks there seem to know more about guns then they do about shooting.

Will let you know if I do it and the results. Should be fun simply because they are a bunch of hotshots.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Oh my God !!!!

It lives AGAIN !!!!

It just WILL NOT DIE !!!! LOL.

I thought it was pretty funny how exactly ZERO of the internet marksmen in question participated in this thread so long ago, and that the ones who defended them and scolded me had nothing to say either. Needless to say .... none of the shooters whose gun shot one inch groups 'all day long', took me up on the challenge.

One good thing happened though ... there's been very little talk of SR9's (or any other gun) shooting 1 inch groups on the first day out since then ! :D LOL.

Don't worry Matt .... you won't get any takers either. Your money is safe.

REV

I've been reading this thread since its inception, and it just keeps getting better.

I seriously doubt that I've EVER shot a such a group at the specified range. I shot a whole buncha NRA fifty-foot indoor bullseye and went thru all the bars of Sharpshooter offhand with a .22, but that was a zillion years ago when I was young, could still see, and had zero nerves. Also, the scoring was such that all you had to do was TOUCH the scoring circle and it counted.

Flyers will getcha every time, as I recall.

Great thread. Keep it up.

:) :) :)

revhigh

Hawkeye
This is one of my best, and it's nowhere near 1 inch ... probably closer to 1.5-1.75 CTC .... I've done better, but very rarely keep any targets ... I pretty much compete against myself ... no need to keep the records of beating yourself ! :D

IMG_0005-2-1.jpg

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":3ssi486y said:
I dreamed I shot 1" groups at 15 yards right after I shot for last month's contest. :?

You got crappy guns, Armed. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":81v0hcut said:

That they will, Ale ! The 'flyer' in the group above ruined my nice group of 4 touching each other. It was the 5th shot, too. I was sick when I saw where that last shot went.

REV

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
revhigh":25fno1xz said:
Ale-8(1)":25fno1xz said:

That they will, Ale ! The 'flyer' in the group above ruined my nice group of 4 touching each other. It was the 5th shot, too. I was sick when I saw where that last shot went.

REV

Yeah, If I shot targets like that I'd sell the guns and take up golf. :roll:

revhigh

Hawkeye
LOL !!! This oughta be good !!! Hope you get some takers.

I'd make it 15 yards, just to make it 'easier' LOL.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
ArmedinAZ":2f8qzpl4 said:
revhigh":2f8qzpl4 said:
Ale-8(1)":2f8qzpl4 said:

REV

Yeah, If I shot targets like that I'd sell the guns and take up golf. :roll:

There ain't that many of them ... trust me !! :D

I can't golf to save my life either ...

Did you try the new grips on that silly silver gun yet, Jeff ???

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sounds good Matt, I'm gonna check that thread out from time to time, just to see if it progresses the way ours did.

Great idea !

REV

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Ale-8(1)":382lz3jk said:
Hey, Pie . . . on "that other forum" your challenge is 25 yards.

Are you saying that those Tennessee guys are that much better than the shooters here??
;)

We are the patron state of shooting stuff. Actually no - I don't want it to be 15 yards because that sounds easier and I would have to spend too much range time watching people try and beat it.

Plus if I broadcast to too many people...some well practiced bullseye shooter with a stiff jacket, 12 pound pistol, and a bag full of 600fps .38 wadcutters may actually get lucky and get one....maybe.