REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
$200 would cover your gas I bet ..... you're welcome to it all ... just shoot the groups.

Nice lookin' dawg ya got there !!

REV

Mike J

Hunter
I ain't saying I could do it Rev but if you lived closer I would surely try. Sounds like a fun day at the range either way. Actually I know I'm not consistent enough to do that but due to a fluke one day when I was shooting I know my XD-40 is. I just wish I was capable of shooting anywhere near as accurate as my pistols are capable of.

revhigh

Hawkeye
A very wise man (not sure who) once said 'A Man's got to know his limitations' !!!! Wish you were closer MikeJ ... it'd surely be fun.

REV

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
I'll match REV's offer, anybody that wants to come to the Chicago area and shoot in the 'dungeon' using his rules PM me.

wbw2

Single-Sixer
revhigh":1uel80gf said:
$200 would cover your gas I bet ..... you're welcome to it all ... just shoot the groups.

REV

I said $20 because I might be able to do it once. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
We have a shooter in the forum that said what is below .... not picking on him at all, but I mentioned my doubt of his stated facts, and was criticized for 'calling him a liar' by several posters, which is what got this whole thing started. Actually, I'd call his statement a 'shooter's embellishment' rather than calling the gentleman a liar (kinda like a fish story and we know fisherman are NOT liars).

Took the SR9 to the range today after work to try out the trigger. I went through 53 rounds (3 hollow points). I was able to get 1 inch groups at 15 yards.

That's two (or maybe more since it was plural) 1 inch groups out of 53 rounds. If it were 2, he'd be up $32 with my challenge.

Haven't had him check in yet !!! :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
wbw2":3ujp6hch said:
revhigh":3ujp6hch said:

REV

I said $20 because I might be able to do it once. :lol:

Have some confidence, my man !!!!! If you get ONE 1 inch group out of a box of shells, you're up $11.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":md2p6hyw said:
I'll match REV's offer, anybody that wants to come to the Chicago area and shoot in the 'dungeon' using his rules PM me.

Anybody else want to HOST a ONE INCH CHALLENGE ??? If we could get a bunch of ONE INCH CHALLENGE hosts across the country, none of the 1 inchers would have an excuse not to sign up !! :D

REV

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
Hey, Rev, I think this is a HOOT! I know I'd lose money, but it would sure be fun to get a whole bunch together to try it out!!

One question: by 'inside a one inch circle', do you mean that the complete hole, (bullet footprint) has to be in that circle, OR, do you mean that it would be SCORED as inside, meaning I draw a one inch circle on the paper, and every one of the five holes CUTS IT??? (I still probably couldn't do it, but for a BIG caliber, it makes a pretty significant difference.) Actually, I think the latter is a better challenge. A bigger caliber is probably harder to shoot into a small group, so it might 'even the odds' a bit.

One other possible meaning is that the center of the holes have to be inside, since shooting a 'one inch group' usually means that the size 'center-to-center' is less than an inch.

Waddyasay?

wbw2

Single-Sixer
just my .02 cents,

...if you did manage a pretty good get-together, that would make it worth the time and gas.

Maybe we could organize this challenge???

CZReverend

Bearcat
wbw2":3rcjondk said:
just my .02 cents,

...if you did manage a pretty good get-together, that would make it worth the time and gas.

Maybe we could organize this challenge???

It's a shooting contest, and a hard one. Should be fun.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Shoot44":1ljyac76 said:
One question: by 'inside a one inch circle', do you mean that the complete hole, (bullet footprint) has to be in that circle, OR, do you mean that it would be SCORED as inside, meaning I draw a one inch circle on the paper, and every one of the five holes CUTS IT??? (I still probably couldn't do it, but for a BIG caliber, it makes a pretty significant difference.) Actually, I think the latter is a better challenge. A bigger caliber is probably harder to shoot into a small group, so it might 'even the odds' a bit.

Ah, back on track, and good question Shoot !! Originally I thought they'd have to be INSIDE the circle completely, but that would make it pretty small. How about we say they have to be covered completely by a quarter ?? I think a quarter is 1.25 inches but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if when measuring group size if it's completely INSIDE a one inch circle for a one inch group, or is it center to center of the two farthest holes. I honestly think I've seen it measured both ways.

Any ideas on this point ??

Ignore the trolls ... they'll tire and go away !

REV

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
revhigh":4h8s0hmt said:
Good question Shoot !! Originally I thought they'd have to be INSIDE the circle completely, but that would make it pretty small. How about we say they have to be covered completely by a quarter ?? I think a quarter is 1.25 inches but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if when measuring group size if it's completely INSIDE a one inch circle for a one inch group, or is it center to center of the two farthest holes. I honestly think I've seen it measured both ways.

Any ideas on this point ??

REV

Well, for normal 'official' purposes, it HAS to be center-to-center. Otherwise you could NOT get a 0.25" 'group' using a 30 caliber rifle!!!

(And a one inch group measured YOUR way with my 44 would have to be about 0.5" center-to-center!!! My Ruger SBH Hunter is good, but not THAT good; even in a vise!)

P.S. I have a picture of a target I shot at around 15 yards with my 44, with 4 holes touching, in a 1/2" center-to-center group, and one 'flyer' making it around 1.25". BUT...... it was done WITH a rest, and WITH a red dot sight!! Free standing??? NO way man! (I was trying to find out if my inaccuracy was the result of a poor hunting load I was loading, or just me. Sure answered my question!)

200gr_d-1.jpg