REVHIGH's ONE INCH CHALLENGE - Make some easy $$$ !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
On some targets, like silohuettes, it's totally inside the ring. Others normally are touching. A 1" group is a 1" group, inside an inch, IMHO

revhigh

Hawkeye
CZReverend":1ih2mfll said:
I have always seen it measured center to center.

I'd go with whatever everybody seems to think is the standard method. Not that much of a difference anyway. Still damn tough to do.

REV

CZReverend

Bearcat
revhigh":1up30mkz said:
CZReverend":1up30mkz said:
I have always seen it measured center to center.

I'd go with whatever everybody seems to think is the standard method. Not that much of a difference anyway. Still damn tough to do.

REV

No kidding. Either way, I can't do it!

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think CTC is good. Seems reasonable.

C'mon CZREV ... you KNOW those CZ's'll shoot the nads off a gnat at 10 paces. :D

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Shoot44":gqipg5yv said:
200gr_d-1.jpg

Those FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that just TICK YOU OFF ???

REV

tango6

Bearcat
revhigh":2do9xa9i said:

C'mon CZREV ... you KNOW those CZ's'll shoot the nads off a gnat at 10 paces. :D

REV

the cz's might but what about us mortals :D

Cholo

Staff member
Cholo's late for the party once again :oops: I guess something got deleted, but I get the jist of it. Just my luck no rimfires allowed as I do my best shooting with a LR in a Mag cylinder :wink: Those groups were so tight, I mean I knew a guy who's groups were so tight you couldn't even measure them...or find them for that matter.

It really would be great fun to hang out and see who could shoot the best groups offhand. I wouldn't place in the top 100 if only 50 members participated unless I screwed a scope into my right eye. Damn, no screw in scopes allowed! I can hit a BG at 50', or at least scare him with a big noise.

On a paper target I always measured center to center.

revhigh

Hawkeye
tango6":3tlhzm7d said:
revhigh":3tlhzm7d said:

REV

the cz's might but what about us mortals :D

Now THAT, Tango, is where the problems arise ... LOL.

CTC sounds good.

REV

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
revhigh":2i8j1vgf said:
Those FLYERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't that just TICK YOU OFF ???

REV

Nah, not in this case. As I said, it was just to see if the load was inherently inaccurate or not. I sure found out it was not! (And I proved the GUN could do it, even if I cannot!)

I use that load all the time now for deer. Works super!

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think you said it was a 44 mag, right ?? What was the load, Shoot44 ? My current 44 mag load is 20.0 grains of 2400 under an Oregon Trail 240 grain Lasercast SWC. My jacketed recipe for a 240 grain JHP bullet is at the top of the 4227 data. THey are both spectacularly accurate recipes. Caution - they are HOT loads ... always start low, and work up and ALWAYS verify ANY load in multiple reloading manuals,

REV

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
revhigh":fd8w8zeb said:
I think you said it was a 44 mag, right ?? What was the load, Shoot44 ? My current 44 mag load is 20.0 grains of 2400 under an Oregon Trail 240 grain Lasercast SWC. My jacketed recipe for a 240 grain JHP bullet is at the top of the 4227 data. THey are both spectacularly accurate recipes. Caution - they are HOT loads ... always start low, and work up and ALWAYS verify ANY load in multiple reloading manuals,

REV
Well, I don't usually put my 'recipes' on fora, but since it is already on the target pic..... It was 28.0 grains of H-110 under a 200 grain Nosler SJHP. The manual gives 28.5 as max, and I usually have the best luck backing off just a bit; as I did here. It averages just over 1500 fps.

My son uses over 30 grains of H110 under a 180 grain HP, and gets right around 1700 fps, (from his 6.5" barrel Smith 629). I was unable to get any 180 grainers with .429 diam., which I prefer. His are XTP's and are .430. Not much of a difference, but . . . I finally found a source of 180's at .429, so intend to work them up to 1700 if possible, and check accuracy. But. . . . doubt seriously if I can match the accuracy of that 200 grain load!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Those are some hot loads too Shoot44. I tend to use the heavier bullets in my loads, but those 180 and 200 must be screamers. I love the hot ones !!

REV

Shoot44

Single-Sixer
revhigh":grfsrk1l said:
Those are some hot loads too Shoot44. I tend to use the heavier bullets in my loads, but those 180 and 200 must be screamers. I love the hot ones !!

REV
Yeah, me too. I like the lighter bullets going faster. Here's what one of them looked like after passing through a whitetail. Was under the skin on the far side. Impressive lung damage made him easy to find! Only went about 25 yards and "DRT".

44blt3.jpg
44blt.jpg

mekender

Single-Sixer
im nowhere close but id love to bring an AOW AR pistol to your challenge...

buddy has one... front grip, 11.5" barrel... id even shoot that challenge with the suppressor on so i could hear you crying... course he would have to come too so that we dont piss off the ATF boys...

you did say "NOW OPEN TO ALL BRANDS OF CENTERFIRE HANDGUNS OF ANY CALIBER ... no optics"... it is a 9mm, it does shoot pistol caliber ammo...

course im an evil bastard that always looks for the easy way to win :D

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
Here are some targets I've shot at 15 yards (some are actually shot at 50 feet due to the way the range was marked) over the years with various Beretta 92 pistols. I'm not saying I can shoot this well all the time--there's a reason I saved THESE targets. :wink: All are shot standing, with a two-hand hold.

A couple (the top one --orange target and the bottom one--solid green target) come in under an inch if you measure them center-to-center. I've never done a "shoot inside the circle" group measurement, but since I'm not going to take the bet I guess it's a moot point.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/att ... 1184122594

Before anyone asks, the answer is yes. I have done some decent shooting with witnesses, here's a thread from another forum that mentions a group I shot at 25 yards with a CZ75.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=238783

I have won a few matches, but we're talking about matches with 20 people or less in attendance. The best I've ever done at a big match (more than 50 shooters) is 4th. In other words, I regularly run into people who can shoot more accurately than I can.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Good shooting John, I'm sure a few if not all of them would have taken the prize. Now all you have to do is shoot it under pressure. I didn't know you were a CZ fan too. I have two 75B's and a few surplus CZ's as well. They're one of the best shooting 9MM's that I've ever shot, and ergonomically they are as perfect as a gun gets.

REV

JohnKSa

Single-Sixer
I didn't know you were a CZ fan too.
I'm a fan of good guns, regardless of the writing stamped on the side. :wink:
Now all you have to do is shoot it under pressure.
There's a tremendous difference in shooting by yourself at the range (or even with a couple of friendly rivals) and shooting in a match (or under some other kind of stress). No doubt about it.

CZReverend

Bearcat
JohnKSa":2n3ysf7u said:
I didn't know you were a CZ fan too.
I'm a fan of good guns, regardless of the writing stamped on the side. :wink:
Now all you have to do is shoot it under pressure.
There's a tremendous difference in shooting by yourself at the range (or even with a couple of friendly rivals) and shooting in a match (or under some other kind of stress). No doubt about it.

My best shooting was with my CZ's. Until I bought this:

singlesix004-1.jpg

This is my most accurate centerfire, followed by a CZ P01.