Redhawk question.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

my dentist brought over his 44 mag Redhawk, and it is a blue finish......I see they are no lnger available in 'blue' anyone have a clue as to when they stopped??? I see stainless ones alll the time at the gun shows, in fact about a dozen of them this weekend, but NOT a single blued one...........
thanks, may have to dig out and read my RENE.... :roll:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
rugerguy":3dsrn3ns said:
my dentist brought over his 44 mag Redhawk, and it is a blue finish......I see they are no lnger available in 'blue' anyone have a clue as to when they stopped??? I see stainless ones alll the time at the gun shows, in fact about a dozen of them this weekend, but NOT a single blued one...........

I had a blued 5 1/2" (IIRC) in .45 Colt in about 2003; nice gun.
Wish I still had it. Have the .44 stainless 4" now. Like it also.
Sonnytoo

Three44s

Single-Sixer
You gotta a Dentist with a Redhawk?

....... you got one fine Dentist!

Three 44s

Danjet500

Buckeye
Here's my .44 magnum Redhawk, serial number 503-503xx. Not sure of the "born on date".
Per the Ruger site, looks like 2007 or 2008.

Redhawk005.jpg

well it looks like it was made in 1994 .......the serial number is in the 503-02890 range.........

RH-44left.jpg

towards the end of the yellow/black one piece boxes it appears...........

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Dan, It's just a WAG but I believe they were still making them in blue in 2005..........................Dick :wink:

I could go back a few catalogs and "look/see"....I just happened to notice after Doc said they no longer made them, and sure enough, it was not in the "new" catalog for 2010...........in fact there is a 2006 catalog sitting here on the counter ,I don't have to hunt down, and it shows ONLY the blued 5 1/2inch Redhawks,as well as the stainless ones, of both lengths........soooooo

ohnomrbillk

Single-Sixer
Three44s":3n5vot80 said:

Three 44s

I don't let any physician or dentist work on me unless they own a Ruger revolver....

Knuckles

Buckeye
ohnomrbillk":2l79xsti said:
Three44s":2l79xsti said:

Three 44s

I don't let any physician or dentist work on me unless they own a Ruger revolver....

I had a night-mare visit to a very bad dentist one time... make sure you let your dentist know you have lots! of Rugers just to keep him in line. :wink:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Sonnytoo":3q4j2y1d said:
rugerguy":3q4j2y1d said:

I had a blued 5 1/2" (IIRC) in .45 Colt in about 2003; nice gun.
Wish I still had it. Have the .44 stainless 4" now. Like it also.
Sonnytoo

I thought Redhawks never were made in 45 Blued?!? Are you sure about this? I'd love a 45 Blued Redhawk!

Latest posts