22 hornet super redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My lgs had this today. Very nice.
20240216_081404.jpg

ds10speed

Bearcat
I like it but I don't see me buying expensive ammo to shoot it. I love the .17 WSM round, if they made it in that round I would buy it, that would be an affordable round to shoot.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
I like it but I don't see me buying expensive ammo to shoot it. I love the .17 WSM round, if they made it in that round I would buy it, that would be an affordable round to shoot.
Reloading 22 hornet is likely cheaper than buying .17wsm rimfire in the long run.
If you have an old stash of Hornet bullets and primers already,,,,,,,,way cheaper.

Last edited:

ds10speed

Bearcat
Reloading 22 hornet is likely cheaper than buying .17wsm rimfire in the long run.
If you have an old stash of Hornet bullets and primers already,,,,,,,,way cheaper.
That's true, I do reload but it would be more than I'd like to spend to start up loading a new round and I already keep a stock of .17WSM.

Doc_Holidude

Bearcat
I bought a Taurus Raging Bee many years ago after they first came out. Put a scope on it at first, then a red dot. Didn't use it as much as I thought I would. Had fun with it, shot a few groundhogs with it, but figured out it wasn't much lighter carrying than a rifle. Sold it last year, because it was a safe queen for the last 15 years. The Hornet Redhawk revolver is the same kind of neat idea...but would probably end up suffering the same fate for me.