Redhawk question.......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

my dentist brought over his 44 mag Redhawk, and it is a blue finish......I see they are no lnger available in 'blue' anyone have a clue as to when they stopped??? I see stainless ones alll the time at the gun shows, in fact about a dozen of them this weekend, but NOT a single blued one...........
thanks, may have to dig out and read my RENE.... :roll:

Sonnytoo

Blackhawk
rugerguy":3dsrn3ns said:
my dentist brought over his 44 mag Redhawk, and it is a blue finish......I see they are no lnger available in 'blue' anyone have a clue as to when they stopped??? I see stainless ones alll the time at the gun shows, in fact about a dozen of them this weekend, but NOT a single blued one...........

I had a blued 5 1/2" (IIRC) in .45 Colt in about 2003; nice gun.
Wish I still had it. Have the .44 stainless 4" now. Like it also.
Sonnytoo

Here's my .44 magnum Redhawk, serial number 503-503xx. Not sure of the "born on date".
Per the Ruger site, looks like 2007 or 2008.

Redhawk005.jpg

Pinecone

Blackhawk
Dan, It's just a WAG but I believe they were still making them in blue in 2005..........................Dick :wink:

I could go back a few catalogs and "look/see"....I just happened to notice after Doc said they no longer made them, and sure enough, it was not in the "new" catalog for 2010...........in fact there is a 2006 catalog sitting here on the counter ,I don't have to hunt down, and it shows ONLY the blued 5 1/2inch Redhawks,as well as the stainless ones, of both lengths........soooooo

ohnomrbillk

Single-Sixer
Three44s":3n5vot80 said:
You gotta a Dentist with a Redhawk?

....... you got one fine Dentist!

Three 44s

I don't let any physician or dentist work on me unless they own a Ruger revolver....

Knuckles

Buckeye
ohnomrbillk":2l79xsti said:
Three44s":2l79xsti said:
You gotta a Dentist with a Redhawk?

....... you got one fine Dentist!

Three 44s

I don't let any physician or dentist work on me unless they own a Ruger revolver....

I had a night-mare visit to a very bad dentist one time... make sure you let your dentist know you have lots! of Rugers just to keep him in line. :wink:

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Sonnytoo":3q4j2y1d said:
rugerguy":3q4j2y1d said:

I had a blued 5 1/2" (IIRC) in .45 Colt in about 2003; nice gun.
Wish I still had it. Have the .44 stainless 4" now. Like it also.
Sonnytoo

I thought Redhawks never were made in 45 Blued?!? Are you sure about this? I'd love a 45 Blued Redhawk!