RedHawk 357 6-shot.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Continuation of my 357 6-shot story.

Recap: My deceased father-in-law was an avid reloader. He shot a Blackhawk 357 and in 1984, his dream gun became the RedHawk 357. I found 2 5.5 inch barrels and bought one for him and one for myself. When he passed, my mother-in-law insisted the guns I purchased for him, be returned to me. My father-in-law, never kept boxes or manuals. Thanks to a Ruger forum member, I found a box and manual and now have a complete set. Will be passing the gun to my son when he visits over Easter.

I relayed this story to a brother who is an avid gun collector. I did not know this but he owned a NIB, never-fired 7.5 inch and a nice but well used 5.5". He suggested I give my father-in-laws 357 to my son and keep the other 2 for when my grandson's become old enough.

Now I am searching for another 5.5" box.

Thought I would share a photo of all four KRH-355's and KRH-35 for the forum members.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpeg
    IMG_0508.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 55

ALK08

Bearcat
How does your Redhawk shoot?

My Redhawk model 5059 4.2" barrel is very accurate w/Federal 158grn 357 mag.

contender

Ruger Guru
ALK08,, you have one of the new ones. The ones here are the earlier,, 80's made, and so far,, all the ones I've heard of and or have shot do very, very well!

These are perhaps the most accurate revolvers I own. The real story of these mid-80's 357's are they are seriously over built. My father-in-law, before he passed, would make hot-loads for these guns. Easily handled any carriage thrown at them.

Latest posts