NEW SR22 Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Al James

Hunter
Jeff Quinn said:
When I took mine out of the box, I didn't care what color the dot was, nor what it meant. I didn't care what was inscribed on the slide. I immediately started cramming 22 cartridges into the magazines, slammed the mag home, and began making holes in stuff.

If I decide that I want to stare at it, I will have Doug Turnbull to remove the lettering before Class C engraving and refinishing the slide.

Jeff

I'm with you. Does it work 99-100%? Is it accurate? Does it self destruct like the 2 P22's that I owned? All important considerations for me. What the slide says is towards the bottom of my list of concerns. I'm sure if enough people whine they may remove/change it. It will still come with a dot though. :wink:

luvmyruger

Blackhawk
Jeff Quinn said:
When I took mine out of the box, I didn't care what color the dot was, nor what it meant. I didn't care what was inscribed on the slide. I immediately started cramming 22 cartridges into the magazines, slammed the mag home, and began making holes in stuff.

If I decide that I want to stare at it, I will have Doug Turnbull to remove the lettering before Class C engraving and refinishing the slide.

Jeff

AMEN!!

mn_doggie

Bearcat
Jeff Quinn said:

Jeff

I agree. Some people whine all day about unimportant stuff. Maybe someday they'll get a life.

GKC

Blackhawk
mn_doggie said:
Some people whine all day about unimportant stuff. Maybe someday they'll get a life.

To some of us, function and visual appeal are both important elements of a handgun. I have tools (such as a hammer) that I don't care what they look like. A gun is not a mere tool to me. When a company whose products I generally like, such as Ruger, puts out a new product that has some elements or features that make it less than desirable to me, then I am disappointed...I would like to have a polymer semi-automatic .22 caliber pistol made by Ruger, but I don't like the looks of this one.

I know it is only my opinion, and Ruger doesn't design guns just for me. However, as a free God-loving American, I can blather about my disappointment on an internet forum. It may seem pointless, but in reality the exercise of our fundamental right to free speech and to have an opinion is a patriotic duty!

So, there! :lol:

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
Al James said:
I think the slide title is so it is not to be confused with the SR22 rifle. Now the question is.....does the SR22 say rifle on it? :wink:

LOL !!!

True ... without the word 'PISTOL' it would most likely be hard for the marketing MORON that thought that up to tell them apart.

REV

Lawyers....looks too much like a $5.00 cap gun and they are CYA'ing this one.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I have some questions:

What metal is the slide made of?

Is the polymer grip also the receiver or does it use a metal block secured inside it?

I like the thumb safety, its a vast improvement over the slide mounted safety Walther uses. Does it also function as a decocker?

Like other Ruger DA/SA autos, can the SR-22 pistol be carried safely with one in the pipe, hammer down, and safety off?

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
Al James said:
I think the slide title is so it is not to be confused with the SR22 rifle. Now the question is.....does the SR22 say rifle on it? :wink:

LOL !!!

True ... without the word 'PISTOL' it would most likely be hard for the marketing MORON that thought that up to tell them apart.

REV

Especially with the little colored dot on the one side ... why not make one in multicolored polka dots and REALLY freak out the conspiracy theorists ?? Hey !! It was inspected on Wednesday by MaryLou ... NO NO NO ... it was inspected by Bill on Monday .... NO NO NO ... it was inspected by Joe on Tuesday AFTER it was rejected once for a loose safety lever on Friday afternoon and was a GEN 1 pre-recall pistol .... LOL.

Hey !! The guy in the OP removed the yellow dot ... isn't there a law about that or something .... like on a pillow where you can't remove the tag under penalty of law ??

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Verndog said:
revhigh said:
Al James said:

LOL !!!

REV

If they made it in clear orange it would look kinda like a squirt gun ... just put a cork in the bottom of the mag ... any photoshop experts out there ? LOL :D

REV

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
FergusonTO35 said:
I have some questions:

What metal is the slide made of?

Is the polymer grip also the receiver or does it use a metal block secured inside it?

I like the thumb safety, its a vast improvement over the slide mounted safety Walther uses. Does it also function as a decocker?

Like other Ruger DA/SA autos, can the SR-22 pistol be carried safely with one in the pipe, hammer down, and safety off?

Aluminum

It does have a metal(probably Al) sub-frame

Yes, safety is also a decock

I have not played with it like that yet, good question. I have only lowered the hammer by the decock/safety. Will manual lower the hammer when I get a chance(don't have it with me right now).

Verndog

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
If they made it in clear orange it would look kinda like a squirt gun ... just put a cork in the bottom of the mag ... any photoshop experts out there ? LOL :DREV

Possibly they should consider engraving just the price $359.00 on it instead. That way all the non English speaking "Americans" will know it's a real gun too. :D ...Damn....I should have been a lawyer. :twisted:

rjmorel

Bearcat
From the pic the trigger looks like an alien's backbone. But I'm liking it fine none the less. Son has a P22 and it is a PITA to tear down and reassemble. Easy take down on the SR22 will be a big plus. Looks like it will fit small handed people nicely which is a plus on the P22 also. rj

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
rjmorel said:
From the pic the trigger looks like an alien's backbone. But I'm liking it fine none the less. Son has a P22 and it is a PITA to tear down and reassemble. Easy take down on the SR22 will be a big plus. Looks like it will fit small handed people nicely which is a plus on the P22 also. rj

The SR22P is easier to disassemble and even easier to reassemble.

Doc Holliday

Single-Sixer
Newby here, posting for the first time...glad to be here! :D

I have one of those SR22P's on the way, should be here today or tomorrow. I will be sure to post up a range report as soon as I can.

Darkwolf

Bearcat
I went into the local toy store today...unfortunately they had one of these under the glass, and unfortunately I let the proprieter talk me into holding it. It looks kinda cheap, but it feels right and doesn't feel cheap to me at all. I have a really nice MkII that I love, but it doesn't pack very well and I really can't stand the thought of marring the blueing on it. For the price (it was not even close to MSRP) I won't really feel to bad about some wear and tear on it.

Will give an update after I have a chance to put a couple hundred rounds downrange!

Pyromike

Single-Sixer
So what do I have to do to get Ruger to send me one of these beautiful new hand held gizmo's and test it out; then post my reports anywhere and everywhere? Other than spend hundreds of dollars which I usually end up spending anyway! I would like to think with my collection of Ruger products they might be willing to send something my way once in awhile to show their appreciation.

I'm not getting my hopes up but I'd be willing to do a review and post all the videos at all the websites.

I'm looking forward to my new SR22 in the future!

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Doc Holliday said:
Newby here, posting for the first time...glad to be here! :D

I have one of those SR22P's on the way, should be here today or tomorrow. I will be sure to post up a range report as soon as I can.

Welcome, let us know how it shoots for you.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Pyromike said:
So what do I have to do to get Ruger to send me one of these beautiful new hand held gizmo's and test it out; then post my reports anywhere and everywhere? Other than spend hundreds of dollars which I usually end up spending anyway! I would like to think with my collection of Ruger products they might be willing to send something my way once in awhile to show their appreciation.

I'm not getting my hopes up but I'd be willing to do a review and post all the videos at all the websites.

I'm looking forward to my new SR22 in the future!

They asked me.

If you get one I'm pretty sure you will be pleased, I am.