Ruger single sixes with 3” barrels?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

akmania

Single-Sixer
Did Ruger ever make a single six blued with a birdshead grip and a 3 or 3 3/4" barrel?I saw one in a local gun shop on consignment. I asked if it had been cut down, the owner of the shop said that it hadn't.I should have got the serial number to check it out.It has both cylinders , but I don't know about the box.$500 OTD is what they want for it.
They also have a 32 mag just like it.

Last edited:

G2

Hunter
I would say yes it has been cut.
If it's 3" for sure.
The shortest Ruger does is 3.75.

The only 3.75" Birdshead 22/22M from Ruger, was a High Polish Stainless Convertible.
"Blackbird" GKNRBH-3F (model 00675) more common,
"Whitebird" GKNRBH-3F-I (model 00669) less common.
Same gun just different grip colors of the grips and the Whitebird has a "I" at the end of the designation.

The 32 Mag I know the shortest is 4.6 and that would have had a faux color case cylinder frame,,,, the faux doesn't hold up and just have the cylinder frame re-blued.

Did they look like they might be from the same/same owner, builder, factory, etc.?

You are correct the SN#'s would tell the story a whole lot better.

Sounds like a guy like me who likes to make it his own…🙄
$500 OTH
sure sounds like a deal,,,, and I would be interested in the 32 if your going to pass.😜

Last edited:

akmania

Single-Sixer
I'm not interested in the 32 , only the 22.I'll find out more about the 22 in a couple of days.It may be a 3 3/4" barrel

The same guy owns both of them.

Last edited:
Blackbird
20231111_172704.jpg

akmania

Single-Sixer
I'm gonna go back to the gun shop tomorrow and look the 22 over good. I called there today to ask some questions, and got the serial number.It came from factory with a 5.5" barrel and adjustable sights and the regular grip.The guy said the barrel is about 3 1/4" long and the best I remember it has fixed sights like on the blackbird and does have the birdshead grip. I'll try to get a picture of it.I just didn't know if it's worth the money, I guess it depends on who did the work on it.I just hate to spend the money and it not group good or shoot left or right.