NEW SR22 Pistol

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Ruger sent me their new SR22 Pistol for T&E review. It's a DA/SA blowback operated autoloader chambered in the .22 Long Rifle cartridge.
SR22-1.jpg

The pistol is a fixed barrel design and features an anodized aluminum slide and polymer frame.
SR22-2.jpg

At the range CCI and Federal ammunition was accumulated for the test.
SR22-31.jpg

50% sized B-27 Silhouette
Head group is 10 rounds of Federal at 3 yards, offhand.
SR22-34.jpg

All torso groups are 10 rounds at 7 yards, offhand.
Thorax: CCI Mini-Mag; X : CCI Stinger

5 round group of Fed. fired supported at 15 yards.
SR22-38.jpg

Everything worked and functions properly, like a quality auto-pistol should.

for full review - Ruger SR22 Pistol

revhigh

Hawkeye
deadduck357 said:

Did Ruger REALLY need to write 'PISTOL' on the slide ??

Did anyone NOT KNOW THAT ??? :roll:

Who thinks up this crap ??

Looks like a nice little pea shooter otherwise. :D

REV

Al James

Hunter
I think the slide title is so it is not to be confused with the SR22 rifle. Now the question is.....does the SR22 say rifle on it? :wink:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Al James said:
I think the slide title is so it is not to be confused with the SR22 rifle. Now the question is.....does the SR22 say rifle on it? :wink:

LOL !!!

True ... without the word 'PISTOL' it would most likely be hard for the marketing MORON that thought that up to tell them apart.

REV

GKC

Blackhawk
My first thought when I saw the pictures was "This looks like a Taurus! :shock:

And I agree, the "Pistol" on the slide is ridiculous.

revhigh

Hawkeye
They ARE getting more Taurus like .... aren't they ?? Next thing you know they'll be putting really cool names like 'Raging Bull' ... or 'The Judge' and other really cool stuff on the slides .... :roll:

That's about all I'll say ... there are about 5 OTHER things I don't care for as well ... but they should probably remain unsaid ... :D

REV

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
ElrodCod said:
deadduck357 said:
They must be running out of ideas

Ruger "borrows" their ideas from other manufacturers.

Well wasn't really naming Ruger, more about the CAR thing. I think it would have been clean and make the point with just a 'P'.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
revhigh said:
They ARE getting more Taurus like .... aren't they ?? Next thing you know they'll be putting really cool names like 'Raging Bull' ... or 'The Judge' and other really cool stuff on the slides .... :roll:

That's about all I'll say ... there are about 5 OTHER things I don't care for as well ... but they should probably remain unsaid ... :D

REV

I wouldn't go that far, Taurus goes huge on almost everything. This is a little .22 and more than likely will be just used for plinking, training and at the range.

I bet if you gave it a chance and handle it and shoot one you will like it. It is probably the best built duty type .22 I've seen. and it shoots good to boot.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
labhound said:
Looks alot like the new Walther PPQ!

The NEW P22 got a facelift like the PPQ. The SR22P does somewhat resemble the P22 but after shooting and handling both they are a breed apart. I have had the barrel back out on a P22 a couple times and the SR22P barrel is bolted down so I don't see that as being an issue. Another plus is the take down. The P22 can be a btch to disassemble and reassemble, this SR22P is very simple and easy and fast, much better.

revhigh

Hawkeye
deadduck357 said:
I bet if you gave it a chance and handle it and shoot one you will like it. It is probably the best built duty type .22 I've seen. and it shoots good to boot.

I'm sure it's a real fun gun to shoot, but I have so many .22 pistols that I am definitely not buying another one. I have 3 MKII's, a few Colt revolvers, a GSG 1911-22, a Taurus PT22 and Iver Johnson 22, and a bunch of rifles .... no room for any more .22's.

It's hard to get too excited about a 'Glock-like' plastic 22 when you already have 3 MK's ... it's also tough to out-do any of the MK's in any performance category.

C'mon .... SR22 PISTOL written in letters as big as would fit on the front of the slide ??? That is almost more Taurus than Taurus. Why .... oh why ..... do companies do such ridiculous stuff. The only thing more gaudy would be to have it highlighted in gold or red. That'll probably be on the 'Talo' edition ..... :roll:

It seems that most gun companies these days seem to think they need to fill every square centimeter with slashes, grooves, checkering, fish scales, serrations, writing, rails, skeletonized items, etc ... I guess just to try to draw interest to their offerings.

And PLEASE GOD let's not have any threads about what stupid color the little adhesive dot is on your SR22 PISTOL .... yeah .... we know .... this one is yellow ... it means MaryLou Retton inspected your damn gun on a Tuesday ..... who cares ? TAKE IT OFF .... so it doesn't look like it came from the toy section at Walmart. :D

What's wrong with a gun that looks like this ... ??

browning_hp_std.jpg

REV

pappyd

Bearcat
it means MaryLou Retton inspected your damn gun on a Tuesday ..... who cares ? TAKE IT OFF

Hmmm. I think it's already off if Mary Lou is inspecting my gun on a Tuesday . . .

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
When I took mine out of the box, I didn't care what color the dot was, nor what it meant. I didn't care what was inscribed on the slide. I immediately started cramming 22 cartridges into the magazines, slammed the mag home, and began making holes in stuff.

If I decide that I want to stare at it, I will have Doug Turnbull to remove the lettering before Class C engraving and refinishing the slide.

Jeff