Need help with some Ruger guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I'm with the'radical one'...well said. No sir ,you owe no-one an apology, an offer was made but they still "had to try and get MORE....." sorry, that nullifies it far as we're concerned,,,,,,get yourself in another ball game ( sand box...)

steved

Bearcat
steved":2s8cte7i said:
RugerBoi":2s8cte7i said:
:shock: Before the "accountants" and the "philosophers" run off with the simplicity of my offer, let me clear the air. $9,390 to the seller +$75 ffl=$9,465 is what the box setting on my front step with a fat Schnauzer sniffing it, with three guns in it will cost me. I'm not going to an auction. If the seller takes the guns to aution and they don't sell my offer stands. My offer includes any fees, commissions, taxes, tips, whatever. I put my offer in here to have Ruger Knowlegable witnesses. I have the flatgate and Bearcat new in the box already in my collecion but offered high to make a better package. I have not been contacted by anyone with interest in the guns except what you have read here, so far. Thanks again for all your support and help.RB

He decided not to stick to his word so I told him I would just keep the guns

Here's the deal I don't need money I'm 42 years old and retired allready.At Auction it got to 7,000 with the ten percent 7700.00 The auction house would have gave me 7500.00 and kept 200.00 for the fee.Now I said no because Greg wanted it pretty bad ,Greg called the auction house and the auctioneer told him it got to 7,000.00 and I didn't let it go because of his offer.I called Greg to see what he wanted to do Then he said he would be willing to pay 7,000.00 and not his 8,000.00 which is fine but once you tell me something and change it later on after it is in writing, usually I will no longer do business with them.Therefore it would have sold at Auction if Greg would have said my offer doesn't stand after the Auction.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
YOUR deal, Your gun(s), Your decision. Not that this set of decisions is a deal breaker, but, You should have taken the $9,4xx offer and made some money and a few un-named friends. I, frankly, think this/my post, should end this discussion. :wink:

EarlB

Bearcat
Hey Weasel, I'm sure you mean the following one...I was watching it some but you sir have more balls than me..with those pics I just couldn't bite. Were you by chance able to get some that were alot clearer?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =133316014

Earl

weaselmeatgravy":2w03ts1v said:
The way the economy is going, Greg might be able to find a better deal.

A new low number non-eagle barrel cased Super sold at auction for $755 on Saturday. A year or two ago that would have been a $1500+ gun.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
Fellow Gun Traders, The raw hard point on this deal is that Mr. Harp in Boise, when RSSE's had not been offered by anyone for some time, saw one being batted about, jumped in and made a hard offer. In this day and age, I'd like to think someone out there did what he said, said what he meant. There was a lot of stuff going on for me at the time and Steve called me when I was away from home and the computer and my notes, I do have leads on two other RSSE's as this is being typed so that is not the issue. I've re-read the quote from my feeble mind and I stand by it. RB

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
radicalrod":sk94s2oz said:
Hey Bob, congrats on the NEW SUPER :D :D :D See ya RR.

EarlB":sk94s2oz said:
Hey Weasel, I'm sure you mean the following one...I was watching it some but you sir have more balls than me..with those pics I just couldn't bite. Were you by chance able to get some that were alot clearer?

Nooooooooooo, I didn't buy it, I was just sitting here watching it and the 4 digit type 2 .44 flattop that sold for $555. I've met the seller, sold him a few Rugers, he's up in "The Kingdom". Anyway, yeah, the gun looked a mite rough but factoring out the value of the box, the gun was priced way less than the value of the parts.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Ruger Collectors, the final chapter can be written. Mr. Steve called me today and said he understood the swirl of outside noise involved in our dealings and that he accepted my appology for being forgetful. He also said if I had found better deals that he would just as soon keep his nice Rugers for himself as money was not the issue and we had resolved the principle of the whole matter. Here endeth my first RSSE lesson. RB

chet15

Hawkeye
RugerBoi":21ihrmca said:
:D Ruger Collectors, the final chapter can be written. Mr. Steve called me today and said he understood the swirl of outside noise involved in our dealings and that he accepted my appology for being forgetful. He also said if I had found better deals that he would just as soon keep his nice Rugers for himself as money was not the issue and we had resolved the principle of the whole matter. Here endeth my first RSSE lesson. RB

PM sent.
Chet15