Need help with some Ruger guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Well......Sounds crisp up to the point that it is difficult to remove items off of a nationally advertised sale, once in print. I did not see the Bearcat on the auction bill, but the other two revolvers are listed, with the RSSE already pictured.........Withdraw of the items gets the Auction House real wound up. It may well be too late to consumate this potential "Deal". If it is possible, the offer is more than fair, particularly in today's economic arena. The owner should strongly and quickly see what his options are, I suggest. :wink:

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
My nickels worth is that unless that Auction House takes Absentee or Phone bidders, the sales price will no where approach RugerBoi's offer. Even so, it still may not get there!
My 2 cents worth is that those grips are no where near like the original grips that came with the RSSE.
Good Luck to all with an interest!

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:( Thanks to all for the support. Hawkeye#28 pointed out to me that we were all too nice in the beginning by not just asking if the man would sell the darn things! The wood for the grips is the least of my problems...I'm getting big greasy tears on my home-made for sale sign for the 71 short step pick-up in case this does happen....She Who Will Be Obeyed said you what???

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Well, since I set the new "high water mark" at $7900 shipped a couple years ago for a two-tone Jerred RSSE, I am routing for your $8000 offer, Rugerboi. It would help validate my sanity.

Too bad about the vig and the commission though. To win the auction with $8000 out of pocket, you need to hold your actual bid down to $6950 taking the 15% vig into account. Then the auction house takes another commission from the seller - if that is also 15% then the seller walks away with about $5900. The auction house makes $3100.

For the seller to take home $8000 from the auction, the gun would have to hammer for $9410 in which case the buyer would actually end up paying $10820 after the vig, but before shipping and insurance fees.

On the bright side, the vig is discounted to 10% for cash or good check. So if you've got the $8K on hand, you can bid as high as $7275

steved

Bearcat
I will talk to the Auction House and see what they say,now being new to the forum I did not know there was a classifieds on here.I don't want to upset anybody on here so I will take the auction stuff off here,I had a few emails that asked when ever anything was going to happen to let everyone know thats why I posted the auction stuff here.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey BOB, I guess I am over the 6K you made me pay for that RSSE :D :D :D I guess I need to thank you :lol: :lol: :lol: and to think everyone said I was CRAZY :shock: :shock: :shock: HECK I knew that already :roll: :roll: :roll: paid just slightly more for the consecutive gun......see ya RR.

El Numero Uno":1y4k2sbx said:
My nickels worth is that unless that Auction House takes Absentee or Phone bidders, the sales price will no where approach RugerBoi's offer. Even so, it still may not get there!
My 2 cents worth is that those grips are no where near like the original grips that came with the RSSE.
Good Luck to all with an interest!
Very well Stated Lee! That is exactly what I was thinking. Damn great offer!

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
weaselmeatgravy":2u9lee6f said:
Well, since I set the new "high water mark" at $7900 shipped a couple years ago for a two-tone Jerred RSSE, I am routing for your $8000 offer, Rugerboi. It would help validate my sanity.

Too bad about the vig and the commission though. To win the auction with $8000 out of pocket, you need to hold your actual bid down to $6950 taking the 15% vig into account. Then the auction house takes another commission from the seller - if that is also 15% then the seller walks away with about $5900. The auction house makes $3100.

For the seller to take home $8000 from the auction, the gun would have to hammer for $9410 in which case the buyer would actually end up paying $10820 after the vig, but before shipping and insurance fees.

On the bright side, the vig is discounted to 10% for cash or good check. So if you've got the $8K on hand, you can bid as high as $7275

Bob, I always end up figuring(Spell that 'make excuses') that damn commission is just the penalty for knowing what I want to successfully bid on.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Before the "accountants" and the "philosophers" run off with the simplicity of my offer, let me clear the air. $9,390 to the seller +$75 ffl=$9,465 is what the box setting on my front step with a fat Schnauzer sniffing it, with three guns in it will cost me. I'm not going to an auction. If the seller takes the guns to aution and they don't sell my offer stands. My offer includes any fees, commissions, taxes, tips, whatever. I put my offer in here to have Ruger Knowlegable witnesses. I have the flatgate and Bearcat new in the box already in my collecion but offered high to make a better package. I have not been contacted by anyone with interest in the guns except what you have read here, so far. Thanks again for all your support and help.RB

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Yikes, I thought I "checked my work" on the "you do the math" part but when I see it quoted above, the $8000 - $5900 = $3100 looks somehow dubious and suspicious... But if anyone could make that happen, it would be an auctioneer ;)

OK, try this: 15% vig and 15% commission on a $6950 bid results in (roughly) buyer paying out $8000, seller pocketing $5900, auction house skimming $2100.

Whew! :oops: :oops:

Don't let my son see this thread, I've been giving him grief over the C- he brought home at Q4 interim in Algebra II.

yeah, and whats even "sadder" like the Garner auctions overhere, I offered a guy a LOT More than what he got for the auctions for his Rugers, there was NO -ONE there bidding on his guns and they went for less than "half" what I offered him 'up front' at the Medina gun show, before the auction.......hope the guy has some sort of "reserve" or the same thing will happen......alas,once again folks don't pay attention ,do their homeowrk, or check first...........very interesting.......

and 'rugerboi' GOOD luck, I hope you get something to work out for you...

steved

Bearcat
RugerBoi":2lepewpk said:
:shock: Before the "accountants" and the "philosophers" run off with the simplicity of my offer, let me clear the air. $9,390 to the seller +$75 ffl=$9,465 is what the box setting on my front step with a fat Schnauzer sniffing it, with three guns in it will cost me. I'm not going to an auction. If the seller takes the guns to aution and they don't sell my offer stands. My offer includes any fees, commissions, taxes, tips, whatever. I put my offer in here to have Ruger Knowlegable witnesses. I have the flatgate and Bearcat new in the box already in my collecion but offered high to make a better package. I have not been contacted by anyone with interest in the guns except what you have read here, so far. Thanks again for all your support and help.RB

He decided not to stick to his word so I told him I would just keep the guns

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:oops: There it is in BLACK AND WHITE. GREG HARP, IN BOISE IDAHO, IS A FLAMING BODY PART, OR WHATEVER MR. STEVE IS CALLING ME TODAY, AND DESERVEDLY SO. Until I reread my own words STILL STANDS I thought after the aution I had some wiggle room on the price. NOT SO. I will contact Mr. Steve this AM. and make a full appology and offer to pay the full amount. I may be slow and forgetful but I'm not dishonest. RB

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey Greg, why feel like you did something wrong.....MAN you made a MORE THAN FAIR offer and the seller still took them to auction hoping to do EVEN BETTER.......I would think a compromise would be in order...YAH I know you said your offer would stand even after the auction....BUT I think when the seller posted them here he was "TROLLING" for a "BIG FISH"......caught one but threw it back hoping for an even "BIGGER FISH".....I would think you guys could work something out after the auction reality check.....GOOD LUCK, see ya RR.

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
Greg,

I'm with Rod on this one. You Made an offer and he thought he could do better. the Market changed in one day and he found out the hard way. Lots (2 or 3) of RSSE have come up for sale in the past year or so. Dont sweat it and let him go play in his sand box by hisself. You'll find another :lol:

Dan