Need help with some Ruger guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Flatgate, I think I'm OK till something like this shows up and then the little 71 short box is sporting a for sale sign in my mind.....and why oh why do I have those darn new models???RB

oh well, that last picture of the Single Six, that has the 'premier' loading gate ,appears to have the screws "redone" and the hammer pivot screw was not even "requalified" ( the slot is still worn out, both directions...)my bet is that gun was 'redone', at least by the pictures....and back then , the factory offered to redo them all the time due to 'anomolies' in the castings & finish................
gosh, that RSSE sure is pretty though...gotta love them

this type 3 has the 'Premier' gate but also had the flat gate, still in the box also...........

RSStype346015rtangle.jpg

steved

Bearcat
Here's a picture of the orignal grips for the RSSE this is the envelope they were in maybe this is where the stag grips came from ?
100_0714.jpg

Now what is wrong with the screw's
100_0713.jpg

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
The screws in the original picture looked like the they had been screwed with (pun intended). After looking at your most recent picture I would say it was mostly glare and lighting on the first pic.. You have some great guns 8)

yep, this second picture is like "night & day", that is a GOOD looking gun, the "shadows" of that darker picture were BAD.....the screws look just fine,,,,,,, NOW them walnut grips, with that envelope, are NO WAY , the ones that came on the RSSE, not even close...the RSSE 's had some awesome grained, some say "Italian" wood of some sort and just 'jump out' at you........
yessir, fine looking guns, to me.........they should "sell themselves...."

steved

Bearcat
The book has them as being ,factory cased with varnished walnut grip panels

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Hey Steved! Which "book" are you using for your references? I've found some better than others...Those pictures are great but they don't slow down the want to handle factor...Those RSSE's were fitted with the best of the wood grips Ruger was getting at the time. Back then the wood was very nice, some of the flattops have great walnut burl, just luck of the draw from the bins. RB

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Alright Steved! You have the correct book for selling to us poor old Ruger guys! If you haven't figured out yet. You have dangled in front of us the "Holy Grail" or one of them of Ruger collecting. The things there are few of or that have special provenance by having been owned by a famous person are to the collector more valuable. The three revolvers you teased us with here are all nice collectable pieces and would form the base of a great collection on their own. Each could add greatly to others collections, so let us know what you are going to do so we can plan on what furniture and gold teeth to hock before the sale....Greg in Boise.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:D Flatgate, Is this image your RSSE? Maybe this one could move to Idaho and then you would be less worried about consecutive numbers and such....Heck I bet there could even be a reason thought up for driving clear to Wyo. RB PS I've been reading some Patrick McManus, and according to propper trading, I should throw in a couple bent cartriges and a rusty Allis Chalmers belt buckle to keep some balance.

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh, I think I will order a couple of those there SPANISH GUNs from that there catologue you have.....maybe an all BLUE whilst I'm at it :D :D :D seems like good prices to me.....but what do I know anyways...YAH LET US KNOW......WHEN AND WHERE the AUCTION shall occur......see yas, RR.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
As we wind into and down, awaiting the long Memorial Weekend, it occurs to me that IF, just If, this firearm was going to be for sale, Why wasn't that made apparent, so we would not have to pay 15% for the honor of bidding at an auction? Perhaps some of my esteemed associates made some unsuccessful offers to the owner, but that is not my point. Looks like all we did was create an advertising and auctioneer's information venue for the item at auction. Personally, I dislike fishing expeditions . Ah,Yes, perhaps like the Green Wreath Box cast the nets upon the waters........$1800 plus..... Now, it is time for a late afternoon Bacardi and a wee bit of lime..........ATB, 8) MIKE

steved

Bearcat
well no fishing here as I had said in the beginning that I had it in a auction and I was asking what I should do ,no offers or suggestion's were made so I just kept in the auction that it was in.I'm not a Ruger collector that's why I was asking what I should do,if I could find 30820 and buy it then I would keep the RSSE as a pair but don't know where to even start looking for it or how.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Steved, "I was going to put it in a aution that we are having but evryone is telling me to keep it because of being so rare." Your exact words, then you go on to tell where to see pictures and ask for values. The good fellows here have helped with honest ranges and stated the most likely places to reach the Ruger faithful is here. You never posted for sale in the classifieds or made clear till now that you were selling. So lets cut the pussyfooting....I'll give you $8,000 for the RSSE with the case and stagg grips. I'll give you $550 for the flatgate and $125 for the box. I'll give you $510 for the Bearcat and $115 for the box. Thats my bid including any fees, It's an all or none bid. I'll pay $30 per gun shipping and send an ffl for each. My email is [email protected] RB