LC 9 Sale At Cabela's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dave-In-Maine

Bearcat
Dunno about nationally, but the Maine Cabela's is having a "sale" of sorts from today to the 27th (I think).

Ruger LC9 with 1 magazine, $399.

FYI. Like I said, dunno if it is widespread (or even if this is a great price), but so many people seem so excited about this pistol........

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
same sale here in Nebraska. I picked up an LC9 for myself. Range report coming tomorrow.

Dave-In-Maine

Bearcat
Wild-I had no intention of actually buying one today, but wanted to check it out so went to Cabela's to look/see/touch/feel/asses...................................

2nd day in to the "sale" and the sales rep in the firearms department had NO IDEA what I was talking about when I showed him the sale flyer and said "I would like to see one of these and compare it with a Glock 26."

The store, of course, had neither. His response was "wow, that looks like a really nice pistol......"

Sitting here, rubbing my temples....................................

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Cabela's and "sale" just don't go together. Have YET to find any firearm at Cabela's that cannot be bought elsewhere for quite a bit less money. bets bet Dave...head to lewiston next weekend for the gun show. Bound to be a few there to check out even though the prices might be more for the impulse buyer. Be there Sunday myself. :)

ranger1

Buckeye
BlkHawk73 said:
Cabela's and "sale" just don't go together. Have YET to find any firearm at Cabela's that cannot be bought elsewhere for quite a bit less money. :)

I disagree. I have purchased guns from Cabela's (on sale) cheaper than I could find anywhere else, including the internet.

The key is to watch their adds and know what you're looking for.

Dave-In-Maine

Bearcat
@BlkHawk73: That's the plan. I will be at the Lewiston Gun Show on Saturday (I'm actually in the market for something else).

I have never ever found any reason to actually consider buying a firearm at Cabela's, but like to think that they may at least have on hand what they advertise for show & tell. I look at is as a recon expedition....to no avail.

I actually went back today (I drive right by)--same thing, although they are doing a bang-up job selling used police Glock 22s..........

mohavesam

Hawkeye
$339 locally family-owned hunt/shoot gunstore; Schupbach's in Jackson. But you have to wait your turn on a short delivery list.
$399 if you're in a panic.

gstan1919

Single-Sixer
$369 here in CT.
$399 at Cabela's.
Our local gun shop is always $20 to $50 less than Cabela's sale prices. Always more at Cabela's.

Dave-In-Maine

Bearcat
Like I said in the original post:
"...dunno...if this is a great price...but so many people seem so excited about this pistol........"

Personally, I'm in the market for something different.

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
BlkHawk73 said:
Cabela's and "sale" just don't go together. Have YET to find any firearm at Cabela's that cannot be bought elsewhere for quite a bit less money.

Agreed.

The Boise Cabela's store has the $399 price and a local gun store one-mile away sells them for $359. And like the one-year-later LCP prices, they will be $325 by the end of the year.

Cabela's does have good prices sometimes, but this isn't one of them.

Dave

Dave-In-Maine

Bearcat
BlkHawk73 said:
bets bet Dave...head to lewiston next weekend for the gun show. Bound to be a few there to check out even though the prices might be more for the impulse buyer. Be there Sunday myself. :)

I went on Saturday morning (wow, was it crowded--spring fever in Maine!!!).

I only noticed one dealer with the LC9 (although I wasn't looking for them, so there may have been others), and I could swear his price was either $449 or $499!!!!

Like I say, I wasn't specifically looking for one, but did see at least one and was appalled at the current asking price. Hopefully it went down over the course of the show.

ranger1 said:
BlkHawk73 said:
Cabela's and "sale" just don't go together. Have YET to find any firearm at Cabela's that cannot be bought elsewhere for quite a bit less money. :)

I disagree. I have purchased guns from Cabela's (on sale) cheaper than I could find anywhere else, including the internet.

The key is to watch their adds and know what you're looking for.

+1, Ranger. I've gotten a couple of deals on guns at Cabela's. Three weeks ago, I got a nice used KMK10, in the box w/goodies, for $325. You won't do much better than that, unless the seller has NO clue what he has.

If you have a Cabela's Visa, it gets better. They periodically send out a bonus offers if you spend $500. It's currently $150 Cabela's Gift Card (for next purchase) with a $500 purchase.

For example: I bought a NIB stainless/synthetic Hawkeye rifle in .30-06 on sale at Cabela's for $499. That's a pretty good price all alone. Add a pack of targets to get over $500, and get a $150 Cabela's Gift Card for my next purchase. Because I'm a Cabela's Black card holder, I get another 5% ($25) store credit, besides.

The total I paid for my NIB stainless/synthetic Hawkeye rifle was $325, after taking the "perks" into consideration. I buy plenty of clothes at Cabela's (Big and Tall selection is fairly good), as well as work boots, so I definitely use the perks.

I'll concede, they're a little stingy with the "$150 off" coupons- usually only one or two per year. If you don't regularly shop at Cabela's, the Gift Cards probably aren't worth much to you. But if the planets align just right, there are definitely deals to be had at Cabela's.

That said, I've also seen outrageously high priced guns at Cabela's, and I try to purchase from my LGS when practical. :p

revhigh

Hawkeye
Glupy said:
And like the one-year-later LCP prices, they will be $325 by the end of the year.

LOL !! That's exactly what I said the day they came out. It's just a little bigger LCP, and the LCP's are going for about $250 here. The good thing is, with the Rugers selling for $250, the KelTecs have been forced to drop their prices as well. KT's are typically $219 around here now, and they've been on sale at CDNN for as low as $189.

Hard to beat a good reliable self defense gun of any kind for $189. I paid $250 for my KT about 2 years ago, and at that time the Rugers were selling for $329, down from the totally ridiculous price of $399 when they first came out and insanity reigned. :D Early adopters always pay the price ... both in money, early problems, recalls, lower resale value, and lack of upgrades that occur after the gun has been in the public's hands for a while. Never quite understood the need to rush out and buy a totally unproven weapon, ESPECIALLY a weapon designed for self protection.

My guess is that the LC9's will settle at around $300 early next year. That's really all they're worth, even if it turns out it's the most reliable CCW gun ever made.

REV

welder

Buckeye
Picked one up today at Whittakers for $329.99. Got an extra mag for $24.99.
Selling like crazy looks like. :)

Guns076.jpg

Guns079.jpg

kscott

Single-Sixer
Whittakers has them?? Guess where I'm headed next time I have some spare time. It's a little haul, but I've yet to be down there, and I've heard it's pretty sweet.

I'd be another $20 into it by the time I transfer though. Wish they could set up another shop in Evansville. 8) A guy can hope, right?