Have a chance to pick up a 1974 pre label warning Ruger 10/2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Corgi lover

Bearcat
I have a chance to pick up a 1974 Ruger 10/22 with the pre-warning marked barrel for around $225 at a local pawn shop should I go for this or is this too much money?

Corgi lover

Bearcat
I'm not sure how to tell if I has a walnut stock or not I post a pic but I don't know how to post a picture on this site

jimd441

Blackhawk
It is all about the condition of the gun. If it is in at least very good condition then I would go for it regardless of the model.

Jim

If you can afford it, then yes... probably best when you go back to look a 2nd time to throw out the question, "what's your best price on this?"

I'd also be prepared to do some serious cleaning on it.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Most pawn shops will only give you a deal if it's been sitting a while.
If I wanted the gun, I would put two Benjamins on the counter and say "I would do $200 out the door".
He will either take it, come back with a counter offer or say "We just put this out and aren't going to discount it just yet."
Even if he just put it out, you should be able to get it for $225 out the door.

Corgi lover

Bearcat
:D Thanks for the replies and advice. I went back offered $200 and they said they would do that so w Tax it was $212.60 OTD. (It is very clean looking, excellent condition for its age. I think it is Walnut and it has a scope on it. Just ran the bore snake through it and shout 3-10 rd mags out of it with no problems at all shooting different kinds of .22 ammo. I think it is a keeper. I still don't know how to post pics on this site but if I figure it out I will. :lol: :D

G2

Hunter
Corgi lover said:
: I still don't know how to post pics on this site but if I figure it out I will. :lol: :D

1. Go to picturetrail.com,sign up, post them there.
2. Select the "IMG" link, copy, and paste it here on the RF.

Easypeasy :wink:

Latest posts