Well…I bought it.Follow up to Any Ruger single sixes with 3” barrel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
I think the suggestion to call Chiggs grips would be the best, custom grips that fit the first time, what I have seen for the quality & price sure seems to be good.

I definitely would pull the grip frame and send it to whom ever.

I also agree that what you ended up with for $500 was a good deal.

I think I want the 32 but keep telling myself,,, I REALLY DONT!! … I have a Single 7 Birdshead 327M, that shoots 32HRM's just fine.

Congratulations on your acquisition.

G2

Hunter
Ohhh, but you really dooo. There is something magical about a Single Six 32 H&R Mag !! 👍
My crib of 32HRM's
51971092742_654915cb06_k.jpg

The SSM marked guns NIB w/ Shippers, that I can't bring myself to shoot,,, and I'm really not a collector.
51972096076_4a8dc67cf4_k.jpg

51971112357_e908a62657_b.jpg

And there 327M's cousins.
51972050673_05756bed3d_k.jpg

Along with an another weak moment in time….🙄
52057184660_3cac80a902_k.jpg

Nahhh I'm good,,,REALLY!!!

Star43

Buckeye
My crib of 32HRM's

The SSM marked guns NIB w/ Shippers, that I can't bring myself to shoot,,, and I'm really not a collector.
51972096076_4a8dc67cf4_k.jpg

And there 327M's cousins.
51972050673_05756bed3d_k.jpg

Along with an another weak moment in time….🙄
52057184660_3cac80a902_k.jpg

Nahhh I'm good,,,REALLY!!!
That is a beautiful collection you have there. That yellow boxed SSM is just beautiful. I would not shoot it either. You don't see a marked SSM every day......in fact never over here in CA. The 327 in the middle with the standard grips (they are pretty grips on that one) is also a beauty!! 🙂👍

akmania

Single-Sixer
NICE revolvers! They're no good if you can't shoot them and play with them!

Star43

Buckeye
NICE revolvers! They're no good if you can't shoot them and play with them!
Yes you want to play with your guns and shoot them for sure......but today, not with an SSM!! Keep that thing pristine and it will look better and better with every year !! 🙂😊👍👍

contender

Ruger Guru
"The 32 mag one sure sounds interesting. ..👍
I would cost a lot to feed it."

Not if you reload. In fact,, many feel the .32 Mag is a "reloadable .22!"

As for having guns you don't shoot,, as a collector & displayer,, I enjoy having minty, NIB examples of harder to find guns. AND,, I also try & find a "shooter grade" to go with them.
I purchased an OM, .357 Ft,, years ago. It was a shooter grade & all. the seller just said; It's a used .357,, and I need $125.00 for it. Well, I KNEW it was a rarer variation. It's a "Ross" variation, and quite valuable. Yet,, because it's been shot,, I do shoot it. But having rarer guns,, due to a small variation of something,, and keeping them NIB,,, is fine. Just buy one that is more common & already used.

Star43

Buckeye
This is good advice, and I really think it is good advice is because it sounds just like me !! 🙂 I think I got that from my Dad, God bless him. Even with tools, he usually always had 2 of each of them. One he would use all the time, and other was in case the first one broke. He would pick the second one if he got a good deal or it was on sale someplace....He was not into guns at all. .Well, I have inherited those thoughts and I think I am worse, as I like to have a second one, and I'm talking guns now. And the second one will always stay new and pristine. It's just the way I am...Back to reloading the 32H&R, that would definitely be the way to go. Hopefully after I retire, I will too.

I think Uncle Howie is probably correct that maybe there was a mistake on the adjustable sight thing. It would make no sense to go thru the trouble to get rid of the adjustable sights when Ruger makes so many fixed sight guns. It's just unnecessary work and needless, IMO. I mean it looks good now, but it would be nice to get down to the bottom of what the gun was originally. The guy who owned that gun or the one who did the work on it, would be the ones to clear this up.👍

Take a look at the top strap near the hammer. You can see that it is different than the Factory fixed sight factory guns.
That was a great deal when you consider all of the mods that were done.

Factory gun
1716835307562.png

Two 3 Screw Blackhawks that Alan Harton did.
1716835542427.png

Star43

Buckeye
Take a look at the top strap near the hammer. You can see that it is different than the Factory fixed sight factory guns.
That was a great deal when you consider all of the mods that were done.

Factory gun
View attachment 46621

Two 3 Screw Blackhawks that Alan Harton did.
View attachment 46622
Wow, that is a LOT of work to do what he/they did. So, you think Ruger was correct on it being originally an adjustable sight gun ? I guess a picture does tell a thousand words looking at a factory top strap...I mean it turned out great, but why start with an adjustable sight gun, with all of the fixed types around ? They must have wanted to a accept a challenge or maybe it was the only gun he had to do it with....but with the cost to do that and the effort involved, wow.....but it turned out ok, so God Bless America !!! 🙂👍

After looking at the pictures again it's possible that Alan Harton could have done the work. Notice also that the cylinder has a black powder bevel on it which is the way Alan does one. Alan has a lot of experience doing this type of conversion since he did 17 3 screw Blackhawks for Joe Bowman.

1716839601769.png

Notice the cylinders and top straps
1716839703786.png

Star43

Buckeye
After looking at the pictures again it's possible that Alan Harton could have done the work. Notice also that the cylinder has a black powder bevel on it which is the way Alan does one. Alan has a lot of experience doing this type of conversion since he did 17 3 screw Blackhawks for Joe Bowman.

View attachment 46637

Notice the cylinders and top straps
View attachment 46638
Yeah, I see the bevel on the cylinder. A liitle thing that one doesn't really notice when looking at a photo...but it shows that custom work was done.