Ruger 10/22 Sporter Manuals

Help Support Ruger Forum:

usabaker

Bearcat
I just picked up a used Ruger 10/22 Sporter manufactured in 2016. While I know it really doesn't make a difference which factory manual you use, pretty much all the same, since I am a firearms collector [mainly pre-1970 commercial and military] (C&R Type 3 FFL) I'm OCD about having the correct manual that was issued with the firearm. So my question to the Ruger 10/22 experts and collectors;

In 2016, was there a manual specific to the Ruger 10/22 Sporter rifle, or was it the same manual as shown in the picture below? I ask because I noted that the manual pictured only shows the Takedown, Carbine, Target, and Tactical.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

2106-Ruger10-22manual.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!

Date codes on the cover of the manuals can assist in matching up a proper manual with a firearm. That manual has a date code of 8/16 so it is likely correct for your gun. Even if it doesn't specifically list your model.

And a point of info,, often,, a manual can have a earlier date than when a gun was made. Sometimes the very same manual is good for more than a single year, and sometimes several years.