Federal bulk packs at walmart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A

Anonymous

Bulk 550 for $18.97. Federal Lightning 22lr for $1.47. I bought 10 of the latter for $14.70 yesterday and saved money :lol: IMHO the Lightning is a better round.

Snake45

Hawkeye
graytwo":1gjizbdk said:
Bulk 550 for $18.97. Federal Lightning 22lr for $1.47. I bought 10 of the latter for $14.70 yesterday and saved money :lol: IMHO the Lightning is a better round.
Yes, the 510 Lightning/Champion (same thing, two different names) is "better" ammo than Fed Bulk and used to cost a little more. They just haven't jacked up the $1.47 price yet so if your Walmart still has it at that price, buy all they will let you cart away before it goes up! I suspect it will soon be $2.50 or more.

I have two bolt actions that love the stuff. Other of my guns shoot it but not spectacularly, and I have a couple that do NOT like it AT ALL! I have about 4K of it on hand to feed those two bolts; for me that is a several years' supply.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
I picked up a box of the Federal 550 this morning at a local WalMart for $15.47. I told the clerk I've read where some WalMarts are charging almost $19 for it and he said "don't believe everything you read on the internet". So, I guess all you guys are lying ? :wink:
Isn't the Federal 510 a lead bullet ? I've got a few bricks of it but prefer the copper coated of the bulk 550.

Snake45

Hawkeye
welldoya":186lcq4j said:
I picked up a box of the Federal 550 this morning at a local WalMart for $15.47. I told the clerk I've read where some WalMarts are charging almost $19 for it and he said "don't believe everything you read on the internet". So, I guess all you guys are lying ? :wink:
I wish. My local is charging the higher price. I'm still hoping it's a pricing glitch and it will eventually come down--either that or it will come down due to the lack of demand/sales at the high price. We'll see what happens.
Isn't the Federal 510 a lead bullet ? I've got a few bricks of it but prefer the copper coated of the bulk 550.
Yes it is but I've never had any leading from it. In fact, I've been running a controlled test on it to see how many rounds it takes to dirty up a gun to the point that accuracy starts to suffer. Last time I checked I had well over 1K through one rifle without cleaning and the groups are still tighter than right after the last time it was cleaned.

jimd441

Blackhawk
Regardless of the price increases, I think bulk .22 ammo is an incredible bargain.

Jim

MMichaelAK

Single-Sixer
Federal bulk pack ammo here in Anchorage Alaska is $29.00.

Gentlemen, I suggest complaining about the "high" price of ammo locally to you is a bit premature.
When it was $22.99 in January of 2010, I bought ten boxes of the Federal bulk pack and four boxes of CCI bulk pack. By the end of January it was up to $29.00.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
MMichaelAK":315xvkb6 said:
Federal bulk pack ammo here in Anchorage Alaska is $29.00.

Gentlemen, I suggest complaining about the "high" price of ammo locally to you is a bit premature.
When it was $22.99 in January of 2010, I bought ten boxes of the Federal bulk pack and four boxes of CCI bulk pack. By the end of January it was up to $29.00.

It's all relative I guess..... how is the price of eggs a dozen, or a gallon of milk in Alaska.... and what about annual income (don't forget that annual state kickback ya get up there....LOL)

And I understand your stuff is more expensive to a degree due to the transportation/shipping costs, but that is still a bit pricey. Was that at your local Wal-Mart or a local Sporting Goods Store?

Mr. Boom

Bearcat
Walmart in Carson City,NV had Federal Lightning for $1.47 a box, or $18.97 a 500 rd. brick(10 boxes @ 50 ea.) What the..?? I bought ten 50 rd. boxes. The guy at the counter asked me if i was sure i wanted that, and not the brick. I said, "seriously?"

Mr. Boom

Bearcat
THe counter guy told me that, but he said he makes exceptions for LE or .mil affiliation. So ten boxes i got. He had about thirty boxes in the case, and lots of other stuff, too.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I've been lucky to get "Anything" when I go to Wal-Mart..
I'm always on the look for 9mm para & 22lr & usualy they have nothing at all in their case but a box of 357 SIG that's been there for over a year now..
Next time I go to Seymour Indiana I'm gonna stop at the Wal-Mart that's next door to the distribution center & see what they have available..
"Oh My!!" There's a gunshow in Seymour this weekend..

Cedar Creek

Bearcat
I will be going to Norman, OK next Monday afternoon for a dr. appt. One of my tasks is to pick up a batting tee for my grandaughter at Academy Sports - I will also see what they have in .22 ammo. I think our local WalMart is @ $18+ on the Remington 550 - I have a WM $20 gift certificate I need to invest in some Golden Bullets. :p

I will give a report on Academy Sports .22 ammo. I didn't know Federal Lightning and Champion were the same - I tried some Federal Champion cartridges in my 77/22 about 20 years ago and they would shoot into one hole at 25 yards. 8)

Cedar Creek

Snake45

Hawkeye
Cedar Creek":209yjvy8 said:
I didn't know Federal Lightning and Champion were the same - I tried some Federal Champion cartridges in my 77/22 about 20 years ago and they would shoot into one hole at 25 yards. 8)

Cedar Creek
Look for the product number--510. 510s have been sold under both names. When I first bought them in 2004, they were called Lightnings and were in a red box. A year or two later they changed the name to Champion in a blue box, but the same 510 number. I have several rifles that shot best with the Lightnings so when the Champions came out I tested them in those rifles and they performed identically. I could even mix old Lightnings and new Champions in the same group and you couldn't tell.

Oddly enough, just about everyone at Rimfirecentral who has shot Federal 510s in any of the CZ 452 series rifles has reported very good to outstanding accuracy with them. They're my own 452's favorite fodder.

ausher

Bearcat
Wal Mart in Joplin mo has the remmington 500rd box for a tad under $15 and the Winchester 333rd box for just under $10

ranger1

Buckeye
What are CCI MINI-MAG'S going for in your areas? Here in Minnesota they are $6.49 per 100 at Fleet Farm and $9.99 at Gander Mountain.

Latest posts