Federal bulk packs at walmart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wes-ki-mo

Bearcat
Having read this lengthy thread, I too am a "whiner".
I decided to check my local and found NOTHING. They
have had no 22 ammo for almost a month and don't
know when it's coming. Checked my local gun store,
2 brick limit. Tried another, see him the next week
but he would sell me 525 Feds at $25.99 brick, a case
if I wanted but he'd rather not. Found another source
as I was down to 2 bricks since 3 mos ago on a case.
Bought a case without a problem. Thank all of you
for showing me the way. Didn't know there was a
problem until reading the thread. wes-ki-mo

Snake45

Hawkeye
1gunsnotenough":3ih2j9d4 said:
Wal-Mart on the east side of Athens, Ga. yesterday were fully stocked of Federal 550 bulk for $15.97.
Very interesting! Perhaps the price has come down!

I'll be visting my local WallyWorld tomorrow morning and will check it out!

ausher

Bearcat
At wal mart right now the 550 bulk pack of federal hollow points is $15.97. They must of gotten em in stock recently cus they weren't here last week.

Snake45

Hawkeye
ausher":137dxskg said:
At wal mart right now the 550 bulk pack of federal hollow points is $15.97. They must of gotten em in stock recently cus they weren't here last week.
Interesting. I'll keep watching my local. :wink:

berettapistols

Blackhawk
I saw some Federal bulk packs last week at the gunshow & they only had 525 instead of 550 with a different looking box, They wanted $25 BTW..
Thanks for the heads up, I'm on my way down to Wall-Mart anyhow..
Gary

OVERLOADDED

Single-Sixer
I watched prices moveup to $18.97 in both OK and KS, went to Joplin, MO
the 21st of April and purchased the 550 boxes of Federals for the still low price of $15.47. I was told that loacal competition drives the local price.
No competition-higher prices!!!

wws

Bearcat
ranger1":2fyraw2j said:
What are CCI MINI-MAG'S going for in your areas? Here in Minnesota they are $6.49 per 100 at Fleet Farm and $9.99 at Gander Mountain.

Here in Connecticut the CCI's are going for $6.47 per 100. I only used them to break in my new Mark III. I currently have 14 boxes of the Federal bulk 550. Luckily most of them were purchased before the price increase.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
I checked 4-5 Walmarts locally, and within a 200 mile radius, for their price on a box of Remington 22 Golden Bullet Bulk 550 Pack and they all quote the same price which is $18.97+tax.

Last time I bought any of this stuff was several years ago and it was $11.23+tax. That's quite a big jump in a relatively short period of time.

The Federal Bulk Pack is probably a little less expensive. I tried a box of that stuff way back when, but they don't consistently cycle my Firestorm .22 semi-auto, so I had to move on to the Remingtons.

berettapistols

Blackhawk
IMO from what I've found trying the different stuff the Remington Bulk pack Stuff was "RUBBISH" & wouldn't work 80% of the time in my MKII or 10/22
Weird thing was that rubbish would cycle & work 99% in an old 1959 Nylon 66..
I've had way better luck with the Federal Bulk but every guns chamber is different..
When I went to "Wallace World" the other night they had Nothing except for one box of 357 SIG & several boxes of 12ga bird shot, Nothing Else..

desertrat

Single-Sixer
There are two Remington Bulk Packs. One is the Thunderbolt and is of lesser quality (IMO) and is about as unreliable as the Federal Bulk. The better one is the 22 Golden Bullet. You sure you're not confusing the two?

desertrat

Single-Sixer
Yea, guess that's how businesses get around the antitrust laws these days. Instead of worrying about pricing differences around the country, they just open stores in every state and charge the same for the product. That way they don't have to conspire with their competitors to engage in price fixing.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

What's a Wally World Federal bulk pack?

It's been so long since any of our SoCal Wally stores have had 'em, I probably wouldn't recognize one... :oops:

One local store had about four boxes of Federals in a 375 rd pack for 13.97 a few months ago. Last night, another one had three bricks of Winchester 555 at 19.47, and about 6 boxes of Winchester 333 at 11.47.

Other than that, I haven't seen .22s of any flavor at Wally's in nearly a year. I guess they ARE getting some, as the lady at the store w/ the Winchesters said she orders 'em every week, but when they do come in, folks are waiting as soon as she rolls a pallet in from the back room and never even hit the shelf.

If it's any indication of better days ahead, the "two box limit" sign's been changed to "six box limit" at her store, too.

Glad to hear you guys ARE finding them... :)

Rick C

welldoya

Single-Sixer
That's odd how some parts of the country don't have them. All my local WalMarts have plenty of .22 ammo. Federal 550 still $15.47. They also usually have the Winchester bulk pack. I think it's 533 or is it 555 ?

Snake45

Hawkeye
Many Walmarts now don't sell firearms or ammo. Some now sell ammo and accessories, but no firearms.

Three or four years ago, Walmart eliminated the guns in stores or areas where they weren't especially profitable. It was entirely a business decision, not a political one. If your still has guns and/or ammo, consider yourself lucky.

LewR

Bearcat
Up by our camp - WW in Norwich NY used to have 550 Fed's for 18.97 - once in a blue moon.

Now I buy the 2100 bulk deal (4 pkgs of 525) Feds plus a weatherproof plastic carry box from Cabela's - they always have them and saves me time and money driving around looking for them.

A

Anonymous

No guns, no ammo, pretty soon they will stop carrying the fishing gear when the nutty people decide that fish hooks can be used as a gang weapon.

I'm stuck with mail order and paying the freight, which is still much cheaper than the local shops and our now 9.25% sales tax.....

Trout

ausher

Bearcat
Holy cow! Just move to charels city Iowa and a 500 round bulk pack of Winchester is about $31 bucks at k mart!!!