Federal bulk packs at walmart

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I never had a problem with Federals either until lately. The Remington GBs seem to be getting better and the Federal quality worse :(

Snake45

Hawkeye
RedLabel":23cu6o2a said:
The Remington GBs seem to be getting better and the Federal quality worse :(
That was exactly my experience in 2008 and 2009, too, and I shot about 50,000 rounds of the two types combined.

22bond

Single-Sixer
Snake45":3ohq071y said:
PAVTXER":3ohq071y said:
1gunsnotenough":3ohq071y said:
I picked up 3 Fed. 550 packs today at local Wal-Mart $14.97 ea.

You better go get some more... price is up or going up. I think after they do inventory the prices go up... but I can't understand why some are up now and others are not. Me thinks the deal you got is a mistake and it will be corrected soon. :lol:
I think there's at least a 50-50 chance there's a mistake in the other direction. The stuff was $16.47 a month or two ago, then last month dropped to $15.47, and they had plenty of it on hand. Now it's $18.47 and they have LOTS on hand. It makes more sense that the price should be dropping to $14.97, not going UP at this point. But I guess we'll have to wait a few weeks and see what happens.

I almost think it should be $13.97 and someone at "central" misread or mis-keyed the number as $18.97 and it went into the system that way. But we'll see.

No way Fed Bulk should be $18.97 unless the next cheapest ammo is at least $25. It's the LEAST accurate .22 ammo I've ever tested (although it's among the cleanest, and it works in almost everything--good lots of it, anyway).

I wish/hope that you are correct.
It might have been true if the Rem550 had stayed at $13.97 -here in North Dallas.
But it jumped to $15.97 before the Fed550 went to $18.97 in other places.
Here in N Dallas, this morning there was a new case of Fed550 and it is still $15.47

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Well, there might be more on the horizon. I read on another board that there could be tax increases on ammo to pay for healthcare for those of us that shoot guns or we may just have to pay higher insurance rates to pay for our care when we shoot ourselves! Only hearsay but it wouldn't surprise me :evil:

Snake45

Hawkeye
RedLabel":efmz5b34 said:
I read on another board that there could be tax increases on ammo to pay for healthcare...
Get used to it. There's going to be tax increases on everything to pay for our completely out of control government to bribe the masses to vote to keep them out of control forever. :evil:

2fast4u

Single-Sixer
My wally work got more federal in today and it went up in price!! the 550 packs were 18.97. i still paid it :( but i wont buy that RWS 9mm stuff for 17 bucks a box...screw that

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
I graduated high school in 1998, and remember at that time I could buy a Walmart brand case of oil and a bulk pack of .22 for a $20 bill and have a little change left over :lol:

tookalisten

Blackhawk
I checked my local Wally's this weekend and while they had a much larger selection of all ammo; the only .22 they had were CCI mags and shorts.
However, they did have one box of Remington 30-30 150gr; just what I was looking to shoot out of my Marlin 336. I asked the young man to open the case for me; but he had no key. Said to hang on, he'd be right back. So I went to pick up some fishing lures... about 15 mins pass and the Manager came by, said to give him a few more minutes and he would open the case. Well, another 10 mins go by and I am done shopping; the Manager comes back and says: "we cannot find the key, I think one of the staff is on his lunch break and left with the key - can you come back in 30 mins?"
Er...no, thanks anyway.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I've found exactly three boxes of Federals at any of our local Wally Worlds in the last year. And they were 350s or 375s, not the 550s, at about the same price as the 550s were a year ago: around $13.50.

So the $18+ price surprises me not. I suppose I'd pay it if I could just get my hands on some...

Rick C

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
8) When a price change like that occurs, over night, I suggest a call or face-to-face with the Wally World Store Manager(ask to see the Store Executieve in Charge) and ask for an explanation. Maybe, someone screwed up............ :wink:

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
[b:wsr73nyp said:
Rick Courtright[/b]":wsr73nyp]...So the $18+ price surprises me not. I suppose I'd pay it if I could just get my hands on some...
Rick C

HAWKEYE#28":wsr73nyp said:
8) When a price change like that occurs, over night, I suggest a call or face-to-face with the Wally World Store Manager(ask to see the Store Executieve in Charge) and ask for an explanation. Maybe, someone screwed up............ :wink:

That is the price in at least three Walmarts that I know of.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I was discussing this issue with my brother in Georgia, and he went to a few different Walmarts in his area..... some had the price change and some did not. He got what he could at the places that didn't have the prices changes yet, but the other places ... oh well.

Edit... I went and checked the WalMart stock/prices again, and they had quite a few of the Federal 550s at 18.97 and Winchester 500s at about 17.97 and only 4 boxes of the Winchester 333s at 11.47. I took all 4 of the Winchester 333s and also picked up 6 boxes of Federal 9mms (50 per box at 9.87 a box... which beats the 23.97 for the Winchester White Box 100 bulk pack). Prices are just going up too much lately... get it while the cheaper getting is available.... prices won't do much but continue to go up....

Mr. Boom

Bearcat
I just bought a brick(500) of Federal Lightning for 17.87 at the WM in Fallon, NV. Still much better than the 32.50 for 500 Eley bricks, and only slightly better than the 20.99 400 rd. brick of AE at a LGS.

Wish i could still find CCI Blazer bricks for 18.50 like i did last summer.

transalp1961

Single-Sixer
My local gunshop is now cheaper on the Federal 550 bulk packs than Walmart!!! Good news for the mom and pop shops.

Beach1

Bearcat
Our ammo prices just went up this week at WW too, the Rem GB 550rds use to be the most expensive 16.97 now the Fed , Win and Rem bricks are all 18.97!! Also the 100rd 9mm WWB went to 23.97 a box !!

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Beach1":2tbavmqs said:
Our ammo prices just went up this week at WW too, the Rem GB 550rds use to be the most expensive 16.97 now the Fed , Win and Rem bricks are all 18.97!! Also the 100rd 9mm WWB went to 23.97 a box !!

Yea noticed that 9mm price issue as well... so I bought 6 boxes of the Blazer Brass 50rds for 9.87 ea...... and would have got more but that was all in the case.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Dick's has Remington bulk on sale for a dollar less than Walmart. Bought six boxes this morning and I didn't feel like I was selling my soul to Satan while doing it.....which seems to happen every time I buy so much as a lukewarm Diet Coke at Wally World. :x

CanonLyles

Single-Sixer
I scoped out the ammo at wally world theis morning. 550 Fed. packs are $19.00. And, I didn't see any 9mm Luger in stock, or the $12.47 price tag that used to be there anymore. So, I'm probably going to buy bulk ammo from off the net. My boss said he'd split a big order with me.

My Wal-Mart has a 2 box limit.