CZ 75B 40 Cal. "Range Report"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

soldernut

Single-Sixer
kel ruger man said:
i have the 75 DAO 40..smoothest trigger i ever felt on a da. very predicatable break. most accurate gun i ever shot.

I had no idea they offered a DAO model (Probably because of the limitd numbef of models offered in Californai).

I wouldn't expect a DoA to be so smooth and predictable. Glad to hear it's working so well for for you.

labhound

Bearcat
The Stoeger Cougar was originally the Beretta Cougar which Beretta stopped making when they introduced the PX4. Beretta owns Stoeger and shipped the manufacturing equipment from Italy to Turkey and manufactures the same gun there under the name of Stoegar Cougar. Excellent gun, alloy frame and a great alternative to the polymer PX4 for $120 to $200 cheaper depending on the caliber. Nothing unusual about the sights, just regular three dot sights. I've got the 8000 and 8045.

soldernut

Single-Sixer
labhound said:
The Stoeger Cougar was originally the Beretta Cougar which Beretta stopped making when they introduced the PX4. Beretta owns Stoeger and shipped the manufacturing equipment from Italy to Turkey and manufactures the same gun there under the name of Stoegar Cougar. Excellent gun, alloy frame and a great alternative to the polymer PX4 for $120 to $200 cheaper depending on the caliber. Nothing unusual about the sights, just regular three dot sights. I've got the 8000 and 8045.

I have a friend that might be interested in the Stoeger. I'm wondering...

1: What's the difference between the 8000 and 8045 models, and

2: What part of the country did you find it?

Thanks.

labhound

Bearcat
I'm in southeast Virginia. The 8000 is a 9mm. The 8045 is a .45 acp. Both have alloy frames. The 8000 has a slide with tapered sides (not sure of the proper nomenclature) that is suppose to lighten the gun. The 8045 does not have this taper. Looking at the guns, they look almost identical, but when in hand you can tell the 8045 is just slightly bigger in the grip and is just very very slightly longer in length. The 8000 weighs about 30 ounces and has a 15 round mag. The 8045 weighs about 33 ounces, has a rail and has an 8 round double stack mag. Both have the rotary barrel, three dot sights, and a safety/decocker. The also make an 8040 model, .40 S&W, non tapered slide and no rail. I've only shot about 650 rounds through each of them but have not had a single failure of any type with either one. I bought the 8000 at a local Bass Pro Shop and the 8045 was ordered through a local gun shop. Both guns are very soft shooting, the 8000 is softer shooting than the SR9 that I had. I really liked the SR9, but the grip didn't fit my hand nor the wife's, so after buying the 8000 I sold the SR9 to a friend.
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger_cougar.php

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
ArmedinAZ said:
I shot a coworker's 40 last summer that I'm pretty sure was a Stoeger. It had that swoopy sci-fi styling and a really weird sight set,

The pistol I shot was a Steyr, sorry for the mistake.:oops:

About the sights:

The Steyr M is equipped with fixed, low-profile iron sights. The unique sighting arrangement consists of a triangular front sight and a trapezoid rear notch that lead the eye to the target for quicker target acquisition and allow for instinctive aiming.[2] The front sight contains a non-luminescent white triangle contrast element designed to mate with two white rectangles on the rear sight.

Latest posts