Can we talk about holsters? Pocket Carry?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

pyth0n

Buckeye
I carry an LCP Max in a sticky holster in front pocket. For Kahr P/PM 9 or 40, G26/27, a Nemesis, front pocket. Some times the Uncle Mike pocket holsters for pants with a more horizontal opening. And for those pants, nothing larger than the Kahr PMs.

I use a Desantis Nemesis for my LC9s and a separate one for my S&W 642. In both cases the holster has become slightly curved to fit comfortably in my right front pocket, hardly printing, feeling comfortable and safe. I might take a look at some of the others named in this thread. One can never have too many holsters, and those I don't use regularly can become part of my "holster museum" which has become considerable in size.

Only pocket carry my LCP Max. Was using Desantis Nemesis, but was never completely comfortable with trigger protection. Now using Vedder Pocket Locker and satisfied all the way around.

I just took a look at the Vedder Pocket Locker and it appears much bulkier than the Desantis Nemesis, and I'm thinking it would print more as well. What has made you so satisfied with it?

DEG1

Bearcat
In real life it's not as big as it looks on their website. I also think it doesn't print any more than the Desantis holster., but I don't worry much about printing. Other than the vastly superior trigger protection, the main difference is it's Kydex, not nylon - so you can feel it in you pocket at first but I got used to it within minutes.

An update to my response. I ended up with a MAX-9 and pocket carry it like I did my MK9.

I got a decent leather holster from Amazon (J&J Custom Holsters is the brand). It's the type that has the backer on it to make it print like I'm carrying a wallet in my front pocket. You can see it in this pic:
View attachment 18413

I will say that it's slightly larger than my MK9, but it's actually lighter, even with the added capacity (twice that of the MK9).

My disclaimer is that I'm a really big guy and my jean pockets are big and deep enough to fit the gun and holster.

Aqualung
If you try the Max9 with an optic you'll never go back. These are my 2 second and 6 second groups at 25yds.

Attachments

• IMG_20221130_134712063~2.jpg
    IMG_20221130_134712063~2.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 52

Aqualung

Blackhawk
If you try the Max9 with an optic you'll never go back. These are my 2 second and 6 second groups at 25yds.

I just ventured into the optic field. I got a Burris FF3 for the Glock 34 I just bought.

However, if I mounted an optic on the MAX-9, there's no way I'd be able to pocket carry it...so I doubt that'll get one.

Aqualung

I just ventured into the optic field. I got a Burris FF3 for the Glock 34 I just bought.

However, if I mounted an optic on the MAX-9, there's no way I'd be able to pocket carry it...so I doubt that'll get one.

Aqualung
That's why I went with Cargo pocket Carry. Most of my shorts are Cargo shorts and I needed pants anyway and got cargo pants. If cargo pants aren't in the cards I have a Clinger IWB to drop it in. If I'm wearing a jacket I can OWB it as well.

I always had a problem with pocket holsters printing until I added the spare mag below the grip. That and the flat panel on the outside completely break up the outline of the gun.

Attachments

• IMG_20230419_184447654.jpg
    IMG_20230419_184447654.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 44