Ruger Max 9 holsters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Goss

Bearcat
Greetings,
Santa brought me a Ruger Max 9 for Christmas. The intent is to replace my BUG LCP due to it's always dropping the mag when fired. I just got tired of dealing with it. Anyways, from what I can tell, the Max 9 is just a tad too big for jean pockets. I've only carried either a LCP in a pocket holster, or my primary off a duty belt. What's working for you folks who've been packing one around in CC mode? My only CC mode was a Bianchi X15 for plane clothes. That rig just seems a bit much for the Max 9. Any suggestions for jeans and a tee shirt?

Aqualung

Blackhawk
As I'm a very big person, my jean pockets are proportionally huge. I do carry my Max9 in a pocket holster, even with the 12-round mag. When I bought the gun, I got an IWB and an OWB holster as well. I got them all on Amazon for a decent price (actually got everything for free with Cabelas Points, gift cards, etc.).
IMG_1560a.JPG

DeSantis Mini Scabbard OWB:
Amazon product ASIN B095WX3PZ3
J&J Pocket Holster (No longer available, but I paid about $35)
Amazon product ASIN B09D1QW3ZZ
Rabray IWB:
Amazon product ASIN B09DCM1KV2
Aqualung

Mike J

Hunter
I have been carrying my Max-9 AIWB using a Desantis Slim-Tuk. It is small enough to conceal easily under an untucked, loose fitting T-shirt.

wills0119

Bearcat
Greetings,
Santa brought me a Ruger Max 9 for Christmas. The intent is to replace my BUG LCP due to it's always dropping the mag when fired. I just got tired of dealing with it. Anyways, from what I can tell, the Max 9 is just a tad too big for jean pockets. I've only carried either a LCP in a pocket holster, or my primary off a duty belt. What's working for you folks who've been packing one around in CC mode? My only CC mode was a Bianchi X15 for plane clothes. That rig just seems a bit much for the Max 9. Any suggestions for jeans and a tee shirt?
I pocket carry a max-9 in a "SkinTight" holster and have no problems. Generally carry the 10 round for weight control but have carried the 12. I like the skintight as it is kydex inside and soft sticky outside…. Completely covers the trigger guard. I did modify it slightly when I mounted my Riton 3 red dot. I'm only 5'7 so don't have super big pockets.

I have two that I carry my Max 9 in, both are outside the waistband. One is a Simply Rugged Cuda and one is a Crossbreed. I have a Ruger Ready Dot on mine, and both holsters work. The Simply rugged carries a little closer and tighter to my body. The Crossbreed is better for drills where I am re-holstering a lot. Both are great. I have 4 other Simply Rugged holsters for other guns.

Latest posts