Best Powder Measure for Unique?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
DGW1949 said:
You could be right.....but....I'm an old dinosaur and always go with what I know works. :lol: .
Dinosaurs have been using Universal for many years now. They all swear by it. :D :mrgreen:

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Jimbo357mag said:
Dinosaurs have been using Universal for many years now. They all swear by it. :D :mrgreen:

Hi,

Dem's wannabe dinosaurs, Jimbo! ;)

Although evolution has added a jug or two of Universal to the shelf here, I'm still working on finishing that last mid-'70s keg of Unique first (at 5-8 gr a pop, those now extinct 15 pounders could last a while, ya know?) Lumbering back into the swamp now...

Rick C

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Rick Courtright said:
Jimbo357mag said:

Hi,

Dem's wannabe dinosaurs, Jimbo! ;)

Although evolution has added a jug or two of Universal to the shelf here, I'm still working on finishing that last mid-'70s keg of Unique first (at 5-8 gr a pop, those now extinct 15 pounders could last a while, ya know?) Lumbering back into the swamp now...

Rick C
Can't argue with that. If you got it, burn it. :D :D :mrgreen:

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all the really good responses and suggestions.
I've decided to just quit using Unique.
Without buying a new powder measure, I did get a baffle for my Uniflow measure and, again, tried it with Unique.
I found I got no better results with the baffle in place vs. without it.
I get excellent results with my Uniflow and my Lyman scale using almost any other powder. By excellent results, I mean that once I've set the measure to throw a specific weight of powder, it does just that with not over or under 0.1 grain variance. With Unique, it's just another story; too much bridging in the measure which ends up with variations in weight of + or - 0.2 to 0.4 grains variance almost every single throw; even WITH the baffle in place.
Trying to get good results with Unique is just futile for me at this point. It's just too big a headach when I have so many other powders to choose from that give excellent results.